From 5:30 a.m. on 11/30/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/01/2017, MPD received 370 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Check Person – 10:14 a.m. Officers responded to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (32 year old WF) on the west side. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject is under an emergency detention order/placement. Although injuries to the subject were reported, none were found. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 12:18 p.m. Officers responded to Ash St where a suspect (31 year old AAM) and her friends responded to her child's school due to an on-going dispute between students. A fight was started and quickly escalated to involving approximately 20 subjects. The suspect was taken into custody and charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct.
3) CENTRAL: Check Person – 2:21 p.m. Officers responded to a check welfare call regarding a suicidal subject (32 year old WM). Attempts were made to determine the whereabouts of the subject. The subject was talked to over the phone but refused to advise of his location. A phone ping was conducted and the subject was ultimately located. He was left in the care of a family member who agreed to reach out for assistance, if necessary.
4) EAST: Weapons Offense – 2:51 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of S. Marquette Street where a suspect (38 year old WM) threatened a neighbor at gunpoint. Numerous MPD resources were utilized for this call – patrol officers, detectives, SWAT, Dane County Sheriff's Office equipment/personnel, and MPD's ARV (armored rescue vehicle). After hours of negotiation the suspect was taken into custody (at approx.. 9:45pm) and conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted for a mental health evaluation. Multiple firearms were removed from the residence. Charges are pending for the suspect once he is cleared from the hospital for 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety and possibly other charges as well once the investigation is completed.
5) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:21 p.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of East Campus Mall for a subject having an overdose (28 year old WM). An MPD officer administered Naloxone to the subject which revived him. The subject was transported to a local hospital, issued a citation for possession of heroin and referred to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI) program.
6) WEST: Child Abuse – 3:32 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital at the request of Child Protective Services regarding a report of child abuse concerning a 3 year old child (WM). The child was evaluated at the hospital and no concerns were substantiated. The child was left in the care of his parents and Child Protective Services will conduct follow-up.
7) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:38 p.m. Officers responded to an east side neighborhood for a disturbance between two subjects (19 year old AAF victim and 39 year old AAM suspect). The victim reported that the suspect (her father) punched and strangled her. The victim was seen at a local hospital for her injuries. The suspect was arrested for battery (domestic), theft, disorderly conduct and strangulation.
8) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 7:48 p.m. Officers were provided information that a suspect (16 year old AAM) would be armed at a local basketball game. The officers made contact with the suspect and he was arrested for (party to a crime) battery and criminal damage to property
9) EAST: Weapons Offense – 8:57 p.m. Officers responded to East Towne Blvd where two victims (27 year old WM and 27 year old WF) reported a road rage incident where the suspect displayed a handgun. The suspect fled the area prior to arrival of officers. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Non-Residential Burglary – 10:52 p.m. Officers responded to a non-residential burglary on Post Rd where the business was found to be broken into. A K9 track was conducted. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:54 p.m. Officers responded to Beld St for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old AAF). Attempt to locate aired. Juvenile entered as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases.