Tag: Core Values
August 17, 2015 8:49 AM
Community Partnership exists as one of the Core Values of the Madison Police Department. For many years we were incredibly fortunate to partner with Dr. Darren Bean. Under his direction, the MPD became one of the first police agencies in the country to implement ‘Cardio Cerebral … [read more]
February 11, 2015 2:24 PM
This blog was authored by Assistant Chief Randy Gaber. For the past year, I have had the opportunity and privilege of representing the Madison Police Department in a group of law enforcement officers from around the country that has looked at why we need to replace our broken immigration … [read more]
January 12, 2015 11:33 AM
On January 9, 2015, the group known as the Young, Gifted, and Black Coalition sent an "Open Letter to Police Chief Koval" and recipients including Mayor Paul Soglin and City of Madison Alders. While there were many concerns and "demands" that were directed to me, one paragraph stood out … [read more]
December 16, 2014 1:02 PM
As our nation struggles with looking to improve measures taken to provide for greater transparency, accountability, and sensitivity of our police toward the citizens we are sworn to protect and serve, I have been asked what steps are being taken by MPD. While there is no one-size-fits-all … [read more]
December 10, 2014 2:11 PM
For the last 14 years, officers from the Madison Police Department have been volunteering their time to shop with economically disadvantaged children from our community. The “Shop with a Cop” program started in 2000 and has grown over the years to include the following agencies who work … [read more]
August 26, 2014 10:47 AM
The Madison Police Department has a long history of working with our community and has developed a great deal of experience in facilitating and responding to pre-planned demonstrations, events, assemblies, marches, and spontaneous incidents. Our primary goal while managing large crowd … [read more]
August 19, 2014 2:40 PM
In an attempt to stay engaged with constituent questions and concerns, a number of community forums have been scheduled for the month of September. These sessions are an opportunity to provide me with direct feedback and there will also be a representative from the hosting District should you … [read more]
June 2, 2014 11:23 AM
Earlier this year the Wisconsin Council on Children and Families released a report on "Race to Equity" which showed some staggering statistics about racial disparities in Dane County. In addition to this report, Rev. Dr. Alexander Gee, Jr.'s "Justified Anger" story that ran in the Capital … [read more]
March 26, 2014 1:16 PM
There is a new effort and partnership between the Madison Police Department and the residents of the Parkside Apartment complex, located at the corner of W. Washington Avenue and S. Park Street. The area consists of a mix of public and private housing complexes commonly known as the … [read more]
January 24, 2014 11:33 AM
The Madison Police Department recognizes racial disparities within the criminal justice system and is committed to helping mitigate the issues that impact this problem. One of our core values is that we value diversity. We value diversity in our community and also as to the make-up of our … [read more]
January 13, 2014 9:31 AM
One program, a 3 year time period, a socioeconomic savings of over $11 million dollars and a 96.5% reduction of criminal charges is what the SIU is about. Please continue to read on to see the importance of this program and the huge impact it has had on our community! Several years ago … [read more]
January 6, 2014 2:46 PM
19 well-deserved children, 23 Madison Police Department staff members, community agencies and members working together…..this all led to another successful Shop with a Cop event in 2013! The Shop with a Cop event was created in order to reach out to those less fortunate around the … [read more]
December 18, 2013 4:15 PM
Community Policing is an approach to policing that is a cornerstone to how we fulfill our mission here at the Madison Police Department. It is about working with the members of our community to build trust and positive relationships in order to have a great city in which we can all live, work … [read more]
November 6, 2013 11:37 AM
When you watch the news or read the news it is almost a certainty that you will learn about negative issues, concerns or problems in a community. It is a reality that these issues exist. I like to bring attention however to positive events in our community that you may or may not be aware … [read more]
October 31, 2013 4:30 PM
The law enforcement profession is a very rewarding field to work in but it is also a very dangerous line of work. Although we are fortunate here at the Madison Police Department that overall our city is a safe place to live and work, the men and women that sign up for this profession in our … [read more]
July 5, 2013 11:43 AM
Each day, the men and women of the Madison Police Department can be seen responding to traffic crashes, assisting citizens, processing records, and performing other important tasks. Through my 29 years with the Madison Police Department, I continue to take pride in the commitment of the … [read more]
Subscribe to Email List
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Community Partnerships
- Crime Statistics
- "Shots Fired" Task Force
- 2014 Rhythm and Booms
- 2015 Citizen's Academy
- A Discussion about MPD's Deadly Forc...
- A Message from Chief Koval about the...
- Activities of Off-Duty Officers
- An Overview of MPD's Latest Initiati...
- Announcing MPD's 57th Graduating Class
- Apply to be a Madison Police Officer...
- Assistant Chief Gaber's Visit to the...
- Awaiting a Decision from the Distric...
- Chief Koval's Community Forums
- Chief Koval's Mailbag on a variety o...
- Chief Koval's Reflections - Protests...
- Chief Koval's Response to DA's Decision
- Community Forums with Chief Koval
- Community Outreach Spotlight: Amigo...
- Dane County/MPD Community Restorativ...
- Final Blog from Randy Gaber as Inter...
- Freakfest 2014
- Friday Nights at the Y - Join us for...
- Gangs in Madison and Why Kids Join G...
- Happy New Year!
- Heroin Epidemic
- Hispanic Heritage Month September 15...
- Holiday Safety Tips
- How to Safely Sell Items On-line, Ho...
- Immigration Reform is about Communit...
- It's the Small Things that Matter
- Juneteenth Day Celebration - Saturda...
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Specia...
- Madison Police Continue to "Give Back"
- Madison Police Department and CampHERO
- Madison Police Department Announces ...
- Madison Police Department Annual Hos...
- Madison Police Department Annual Shi...
- Madison Police Department Appreciate...
- Madison Police Department Armored Re...
- Madison Police Department Citizen Ac...
- Madison Police Department K9 Unit
- Madison Police Department Management...
- Madison Police Department Mounted Pa...
- Madison Police Department Open Recor...
- Madison Police Department Recognized...
- Madison Police Department Recruit Cl...
- Madison Police Department Supporting...
- Madison Police Department's Mental H...
- Madison Police Department's Pawn Pro...
- Madison Should Take Pride in its Police
- March - National Women's History Month
- March - National Women's History Month
- Marijuana Legalization: Chief Koval'...
- Message to our Community from Chief ...
- Midtown Is Off the Grid?!?!
- Midtown Station - Status and Updates
- MPD and Local Agencies to Host Youth...
- MPD Announcing Two New Detective Uni...
- MPD Launches Innovative New Website
- MPD Proud to Receive U.S. Department...
- MPD Shout Out to YWCA's Racial Justi...
- MPD's 2014 Pre-Service Academy
- MPD's Best Strategy in Fostering Trust
- MPD's Efforts to Reduce and Eliminat...
- MPD's K9 Unit
- MPD's Latino and Black Youth Academies
- MPD's Mounted Patrol
- MPD's New Hiring Resource Group
- MPD's Staffing Needs at 250,000 and ...
- MPDs Use of New Domestic Violence Re...
- MPD's Youth and Black Youth Academies
- National Cyber Security Month
- National Night Out - Madison Police ...
- National Night Out - Tuesday, August...
- Observations from Chief Koval - Reco...
- Overview of the 2014 Spring Student ...
- Overview of the Multi-Dimensional Co...
- Police Grants Save Taxypayer Money
- Police Rifles: Why We Carry What We Do
- Process, Explanation and Response to...
- Remembering Trooper Trevor Casper an...
- Response to an Open Letter
- Safe Communities Madison-Dane County
- Safety Tips and Winter Driving Tips
- Saving Lives
- Shop with a Cop 2013
- Thank you Chief Wray
- The "Madison Method"
- The Impact and Success of the Specia...
- Triad Crime Prevention and Safety Co...
- Youth Services of Southern Wisconsin