From 5:30 a.m. on 04/03/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/04/2018, MPD received 409 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls only East and North from 7:06pm-8:40pm due to the structure fire and calls for service.
**Priority calls only North starting at 12:19am due to the weapons offense call on Coolidge St.
**Priority calls only city-wide from 3:36am-5am due to the call on Northport Drive and other calls for service.
1) NORTH: Residential Burglary – 8:10 a.m. Officers responded to Onsgard Rd where the homeowners/victims (31-year-old AAM and 28-year-old AAF) reported a residential burglary. Items were reported stolen from their home. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 9:05 a.m. Officers responded to Ardsley Circle for a 911 disconnect call. Upon arrival, officers were contacted by a victim (38-yaer-old AAM) and witnesses who advised that the victim had been shot at. The victim was not injured. A casing was located. The suspect (24-year-old AAM) fled on foot and then left the area in a vehicle. The suspect was contacted via phone and he agreed to turn himself in. At the time of this writing, the suspect has not turned himself into police. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 2:09 p.m. Officers responded to the Home Depot on East Springs Dr for a retail theft. The suspect left the store in a vehicle with two other occupants. The vehicle was located and a traffic stop was conducted. A BB gun was located in the vehicle. The suspect (32-year-old WM) was cited for a previous retail theft and arrested on a probation hold. One of the occupants (43-year-old AAM) lied about his identity and was found to be an escapee from the jail. The suspect and occupant were both conveyed to jail. The third occupant was released from the scene.
4) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 2:43 p.m. Officers responded to Milky Way for a disturbance. The caller/victim (14-year-old WM) reported that his brother/suspect (17-year-old WM) broke his cell phone and threatened to shoot him. A BB gun was located in the residence. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed, criminal damage to property and bail jumping.
5) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:21 p.m. Officers responded to Oak Creek Trail to contact a subject under the influence. The subject (56-year-old WM) was found to be high from intentionally huffing. The subject/suspect was arrested for intentionally abusing hazardous substances and two counts of bail jumping.
6) CITY-WIDE: Information – 6:00 p.m. MPD responded to a late report of an incident where an airsoft facsimile gun may have been pointed and discharged at a Madison Metro passenger. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Assist EMS/Fire – 6:54 p.m. Officers responded to Galileo Dr for a garage on fire. Officers learned that the homeowners' children were in the residence, along with some pets. Officers assisted by entering the residence and ushering the occupants/animals out of the home. MFD has the lead on this investigation. No injuries were reported.
8) EAST: Weapons Offense – 8:10 p.m. Officers responded to the East Transfer Point on West Corporate Dr where the caller reported observing a disturbance between two individuals. The caller approached the individuals to record what was occurring. One of the suspects (20-year-old AAM) took offense to this and confronted the caller/victim (49-year-old WM) and displayed a handle of a pistol in his coat. The suspect fled but contact was attempted where he refused to cooperate. There is probable cause for the arrest of the suspect on charges of disorderly conduct, disorderly conduct while armed and a probation hold. The suspect is at large. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Death Investigation – 8:42 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to check the welfare of a subject. The subject (61-year-old AAF) was found deceased. Nothing suspicious observed in the home. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
10) MIDTOWN: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:35 p.m. Officers responded to Atticus Way for a missing/runaway juvenile (14-year-old HM). K9 track conducted. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 11:22 p.m. Officers responded to Coolidge St for several reports of shots fired. Several rounds were found to have entered two different residences. Four rounds entered into one residence, including a round which entered a mattress just below the resident's head. The other resident had three rounds entered into their occupied bedroom. Fortunately, no injuries were reported. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:17 a.m. Officers responded to N. Thompson Dr for a subject (29-year-old WM) having an overdose. MFD administered Naloxone to the subject which revived him. The caller/2nd subject (33-year-old WF) started to show signs of an overdose when officers/MFD were on scene. MPD administered naloxone to the female subject. Both subjects were conveyed to a local hospital. The female subject was issued a citation and referred to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI). The male subject will be conveyed to jail once medically cleared on charges of a probation hold and possession of heroin.
13) NORTH: Check Welfare/Injured Juvenile – 2:55 a.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to check on what was initially reported as an infant suffering from a seizure on Northport Drive. Child was transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.