From 5:30 a.m. on 01/30/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/31/2018, MPD received 367 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Today marks the release of the MPD's response to the findings and recommendations from OIR. Interested readers may access our report on our website: http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/documents/OIRresponse.pdf
1) NORTH: Death Investigation - 6:52 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (85 year old WM). Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
2) WEST: Stolen Auto - 7:08 a.m. Officers responded to a stolen auto on Maple Valley Drive. The vehicle had been left running, unlocked and unoccupied. Attempt to locate aired. Vehicle listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
3) MIDTOWN: Stolen Auto - 7:27 a.m. Officers responded to a residence for a stolen auto on Gilbert Rd that was left running, unlocked and unoccupied. Attempt to locate aired. Vehicle listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Traffic Incident - 10:34 a.m. Officers responded to the area of N. Thompson Dr/Swanton Rd for a report of two vehicles driving erratically. Both vehicles were stopped and the drivers (29 and 25 year old AAMs) became argumentative. Both drivers were detained. The 25 year old AAM lied about his identity. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Death Investigation - 10:54 a.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a deceased subject (59 year old WM). The decedent had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
6) MIDTOWN: Disturbance/Unwanted Person - 11:08 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a suspect (44 year old AAM), who was attempting to contact his girlfriend, was causing a disturbance. The suspect argued with staff, threatened patients and attempted to break into his girlfriend's (24 year old AAF) vehicle. The suspect was contacted by police and he resisted arrest. The suspect was arrested for resisting and disorderly conduct.
7) EAST: Death Investigation - 1:37 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a pulseless non-breathing subject (56 year old WM). Lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. The decedent had multiple health issues. Medical Examiner's office responded.
8) SOUTH: Assist Police - 5:28 p.m. Fitchburg PD requested the assistance of our K9 to assist with a track after a bank was robbed at gunpoint on Fish Hatchery Rd.
9) EAST: Traffic Stop - 9:04 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop on E. Washington Ave. A firearm was discovered in the vehicle and one of the occupants (27 year old AAM) was found to be on probation. The subject's probation/parole officer was contacted due to the circumstances of the incident. A hold was placed on the subject and he was ultimately conveyed to jail.
10) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child - 9:39 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence where a mother reported that her daughter (11 year old WF) was sexually assaulted by a known suspect (another minor). Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Death Investigation - 10:24 p.m. Officers responded to a residence for a deceased subject (47 year old WF). Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
12) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance - 1:35 a.m. Officers responded to Lake Point Dr for a disturbance. The victim (22 year old WF) and her boyfriend/suspect (23 year old WM) got into a verbal argument. There was some indication that the suspect pushed the victim. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.