From 5:30 a.m. on 09/25/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/26/2017, MPD received 426 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Certain calls have recurrent themes in terms of time and labor intensity. For example, when individuals are taken for an evaluation due to a mental health issue or episodic break, MPD does an extensive collaboration with Journey Mental Health in determining the least restrictive option. These are always two officer calls and can routinely last between 5-8 hours (or more). Emergency Detention conveyances are taken to the Winnebago Mental Health Hospital in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This is a five hour round-trip, including intake, that takes two officers out of our community and creates challenges for us as we attempt to service calls.
1) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 6:02 a.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Balsam Road to transport a subject (28 year old AAF) to a local hospital for a medical clearance and then Winnebago for an emergency detention. Two MPD officers conducted the transport to Winnebago and arrived at approximately 3:08 p.m.
2) EAST: Sexual Assault – 6:02 a.m. Officers responded to the 4400 block of Buckeye Road for a report of a sexual assault of a victim (19 year old WF) by a suspect (33 year old AAM). The suspect was located and arrested on sexual assault charges.
3) NORTH: Missing Adult – 7:38 a.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of a missing adult (42 year old WM). The subject was located and was reunited with his family.
4) WEST: Stolen Auto – 11:28 a.m. Officers located two stolen vehicles on N. Wickham Court. One suspect (18 year old AAM) has been identified. Investigation continuing in terms of the second stolen vehicle/additional suspects.
5) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 12:47 p.m. Officers responded to E. Mifflin Street for a reported sexual assault of a victim (21 year old WF) by a suspect (54 year old WM). Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Child Neglect – 1:26 p.m. Officers responded to Hayes Road for a 2 year old (AAM) child who was unconscious and was reported to have "almost drowned." Child is transported to a local hospital. Child Protective Services contacted. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 2:17 p.m. Officers responded to the 2700 block of E. Washington Avenue where a victim (34 year old AAM) sustained a gunshot wound. A suspect (37 year old WM) was detained. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Check Person – 4:01 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Turner Avenue to check the welfare of a subject (26 year old WF) who had entered a home without permission. The subject/suspect was ultimately arrested for trespassing and for bail jumping.
9) SOUTH: PNB/AED Response – 4:47 p.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of S. Park Street for a subject (27 year old WM) who was having an overdose. MPD Officer administered Naloxone to the subject. The subject was revived and transported to a local hospital where he was served with citations for possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and 2 counts of bail jumping.
10) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 7:38 p.m. Officers were contacted by another jurisdiction regarding a sexual assault of a child (17 year old WM). This incident occurred in Madison (near the 5300 block of Northport Drive). Child Protective Services contacted. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Weapons Offense – 10:17 p.m. Officers responded to the 4800 block of Ellestad Drive for a report of a domestic disturbance where a suspect (41 year old WM) had a gun and possibly held three victims against their will. No injuries sustained. Suspect fled and charges are pending for suspect. Investigation continuing.