From 5:30 a.m. on 10/29/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/30/2017, MPD received 316 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 4:46 a.m. Officers responded to a motel in the 1600 block of the W. Beltline Hwy for an unresponsive subject (26 year old WF). The caller was unable to access the subject as she was in a bathroom and the door was obstructed. Officers and MFD arrived and made contact with the subject. MFD administered Naloxone which resuscitated the subject. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were observed in plain view. The subject was transported to a local hospital for treatment/evaluation. The subject was issued a citation for possession of heroin and was released at the hospital.
2) WEST: Death Investigation – 9:56 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (56 year old WM). The subject reportedly had significant medical conditions. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
3) CENTRAL: Conveyance Mental Health – 11:51 a.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of E. Wilson Street to check the welfare of a subject (74 year old AAF) who was having some memory issues and acting aggressively towards family members. The subject left on foot at one point but returned to the residence where officers had contact with her. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation by mental health staff. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 12:18 p.m. Officers responded to the 4300 block of Britta Parkway for a disturbance between a victim/mother (46 year old WF) and a suspect/her son (24 year AAM). No charges were initially substantiated and officers suggested that the son leave the residence to cool off which he did. The suspect left the residence and went to a gas station where he ran into his mother's boyfriend (42 year old WM) and a verbal argument started between the two. The mother's boyfriend reportedly punched the suspect in the arm and the suspect responded by hitting the boyfriend with a baseball bat. The 24 year old suspect was arrested and charged with second degree reckless endangering safety. The mother's boyfriend was cited for disorderly conduct as he continued to verbally threaten to harm the suspect while on scene with the officers.
5) NORTH: Missing Adult – 2:14 p.m. Officers were flagged down by family members who reported that their mother (88 year old HF) went out for a walk and had not returned home (Clove Drive) several hours later. Attempt to locate aired. Photo was pushed out with a press release which was shared with local media. K9 search was conducted. Reverse 911 call was completed and the unmanned aircraft system was utilized in an attempt to locate the missing subject. An officer located the subject and returned her to family members.
6) CENTRAL: Conveyance Mental Health – 3:00 p.m. Officers responded to N. Franklin Street for a subject (18 year old WF) attempting to overdose using pills. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject was ultimately conveyed to a different hospital under a voluntary admission and the transport occurred around 11:30 p.m.
7) SOUTH: Death Investigation/Possible Drug Overdose – 3:55 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a deceased subject (30 year old WM). Medical Examiner responded. Drug paraphernalia and other signs of drug use observed. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 4:06 p.m. Officers responded to a business on Cottage Grove Road for a subject (27 year old WM) having an overdose in a vehicle. A MPD officer administered Naloxone to the subject and removed him from the vehicle to provide CCR. EMS arrived and administered additional doses of Naloxone to the subject. The subject started to come around and was transported to a local hospital. The subject was provided a referral to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI) and received citations for possession of heroin/possession of drug paraphernalia.
9) WEST: Death Investigation – 4:15 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (55 year old WM) who had significant medical issues. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
10) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 8:42 p.m. Officers were contacted regarding an emergency detention of a subject (29 year old WF) who came to Madison because she did not believe she was getting the proper mental health treatment from another county. An emergency detention was sought and accepted. The subject was conveyed to Winnebago by two MPD officers at approximately 11:05 p.m.
11) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 9:21 p.m. Officers responded to a hotel on Hayes Road for a subject (28 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject had been revived with Naloxone by his cousin on scene prior to officers' arrival. The subject admitted to heroin use. The subject was arrested and charged with possession of heroin as well as a Department of Corrections hold.
12) NORTH: Weapons Offense Person w/Gun – 10:38 p.m. Officers arrived to the 3200 block of Quincy Ave for a shots fired complaint. Upon arrival, officers located a victim (21 year old AAM) who reported an attempted armed robbery with three suspects (one WM, one AAM, one unknown race male). The victim was struck in the face with a gun several times. The gun discharged but no injuries were sustained. A nearby vehicle, however, was hit by a round. Suspects fled the area and were not located. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Check Person – 11:42 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of W. Gorham Street to check the welfare of a subject (20 year old WM) who was suicidal according to his ex-girlfriend. Officers attempted to make contact with the subject who would only communicate via text. The subject refused contact with the police in person and denied that he was suicidal. After exhausting all options, officers eventually disengaged from the subject/location.