From 5:30 a.m. on 11/27/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/28/2017, MPD received 417 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 9:41 a.m. Officers took a report of stalking/sexual assault of a victim (32 year old WF) by her husband/suspect (34 year old WM). The suspect was already in jail on charges stemming from a battery incident last week with his wife. The suspect was contacted about the new allegations and an additional charge of sexual assault (4th degree) was filed against him. He was also served with a stalking letter.
2) EAST: Assist Outside Law Enforcement Agency – 11:10 a.m. Officers responded to Hwy 151/Interstate 90 at the request of another law enforcement agency regarding a low speed pursuit. MPD was not involved in the pursuit but assisted when the suspect driver (identifying information not known at the time of this writing) stopped the vehicle. The suspect was taken into custody without incident and turned over to the other law enforcement agency.
3) WEST: Disturbance – 11:38 a.m. Officer observed an active disturbance take place between two juveniles and intervened. One of the juveniles raised their fists and attempted to square off with the officer. The officer took the juvenile (15 year old AAM) into custody. The juvenile was cited for resisting arrest and released to a family member.
4) EAST: Check Person – 2:38 p.m. Officers responded to the 900 block of Vernon Ave reference a subject with a baseball bat chasing another subject. Officers contacted the subject (20 year old AM) who was experiencing a mental health or drug issue as he was not being chased by anyone with a baseball bat and he was darting in and out of traffic barefoot. The subject was speaking about random, non-connected subjects and was acting paranoid. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted.
5) CENTRAL: Crash with Injuries – 5:12 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Johnson St where a vehicle struck a parked vehicle and a moving vehicle before it flipped over onto its roof. The driver (39 year old WF) denied knowing what happened. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Sexual Assault – 6:44 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to take a sexual assault report from a victim (25 year old WF). The suspect is a 36 year old AAM. The victim sustained injuries while she attempted to fight back against the suspect. The suspect was contacted. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Intoxicated Person – 10:05 p.m. Officers responded to Mayo Dr reference an intoxicated subject stumbling around with an alcohol bottle in his hand. The suspect (31 year old HM) was contacted and a language barrier existed. Officers used the a language line resource to attempt to communicate with the suspect. The suspect began to curse at the interpreter and refused to answer questions. While officers were attempting to take the suspect into protective custody, he became uncooperative. The suspect was conveyed to the local jail and charged with resisting arrest.
8) EAST: Stolen Auto – 12:54 a.m. Officers responded to a call where the victim (31 year old WM) was sleeping in his vehicle when two suspects (22 and 36 year old AAMs) pulled him from the vehicle and assaulted him. The suspects then jumped into the vehicle and drove off. The vehicle was later stopped in another county and the suspects were taken into custody. The original victim was found to have an outstanding warrant and was conveyed to the jail. Investigation continuing.