From 5:30 a.m. on 01/28/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/29/2018, MPD received 281 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
**MPD went to priority calls city-wide shortly after 10:00am due to numerous traffic crashes. All units were back in service by noon**
1) WEST: Burglary/Non-Residential – 4:34am. Officers received a call from the key holder of a business in the 7800 block of Big Sky Dr after the key holder received notification of an alarm. Officers found that someone had forced entry and ransacked the business. Investigation continuing
2) WEST: Traffic Crash – 10:06am. Officers were called to a four-vehicle crash at the intersection of High Point Rd and Midtown Rd, likely as a result of rapidly deteriorating road conditions. Traffic on High Pt Rd was rerouted for approximately half an hour until more salt could be put down in the area.
3) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 12:35pm. MPD officers responded to a report of a victim (12 year old HF) being sexually assaulted by a relative (42 year old HM) dating back to the summer of 2017. Detectives and Child Protective Services were notified of this incident. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 12:57pm. Officers responded to a third-party report of a domestic disturbance in the 100 block of N Blair St. Officers responded to the address and spoke with the involved couple. Officers learned that suspect (29 year old WM) threatened to harm himself, his wife (28 year old WF), and their children. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and a probation hold and was conveyed to the jail.
5) NORTH: Battery - 5:49pm. Officers at the North District station contacted a victim (19 year old AAF) who was interested in obtaining a restraining order against a suspect (21 year old AAM) who reportedly battered her last night. The victim reported being struck and strangled by the suspect, to the point where she lost consciousness. Officers were not able to locate the suspect at that time. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Check Person – 6:07pm. Officers responded to an alert for a person with a knife in the 800 block of Ziegler Rd. Officers arrived at the residence and learned that a mother (39 year old WF) and daughter (17 year old WF) had been arguing about the people the daughter was associating with when the daughter produced a spring-loaded knife to indicate that she had means to protect herself from harm. The knife was not involved in any threats and was ultimately confiscated by officers on scene. The conflict was sufficiently defused to everyone's satisfaction and the daughter's case worker is plugged in.
7) NORTH: Disturbance – 6:07pm. Officers responded to a report of a subject (17 year old AF) who reportedly had an altercation with her mother's boyfriend (33 year old AAM) and wanted to press charges. The complainant told officers that she had a verbal argument over friends being at the residence when the mother's boyfriend reportedly pushed the complainant to the floor. Due to conflicting stories provided by witnesses, no probable cause was developed at this time and the parties were separated for the evening. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Death Investigation – 6:31pm. Officers responded to a report of a deceased subject (62 year old WF) in a residence on Schenk St. The subject had a history of medical problems, and preliminary indications were that the subject died of natural causes. The Medical Examiner's office was notified.
9) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 8:18pm. Officers responded to the 200 block of Randolph Dr for a report of a physical disturbance in that apartment. The victim (19 year old HM) was told to leave by the suspect (26 year old HF) to leave the residence, and while waiting for a ride to arrive, the suspect reportedly began physically attacking the victim. No probable cause for battery was developed. The suspect was ultimately arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person – 10:09pm. A complainant (19 year old WF) in the 600 block of Mendota Ct called for assistance with her intoxicated boyfriend (22 year old WM) who was suicidal and had been in a bathroom with knives. Both subjects were contacted and the boyfriend was ultimately taken into protective custody and conveyed to Detox without incident.
11) SOUTH: Traffic Crash – 10:32pm. MPD officers were dispatched to assist with a vehicle crash in the 600 block of W Badger Rd, where the suspect (43 year old AAM) had struck a Capitol PD vehicle. The Capitol PD officer had been assisting another disabled vehicle in the road when the suspect clipped the squad car and rolled over. There were no injuries to any of the parties on scene.
12) NORTH: Check Person – 11:27pm. Officers responded to the 400 block of W Village Green Ln for a report of a suicidal subject. The complainant reported that his girlfriend (35 year old WF) had overdosed on medication earlier in the day and left the area. Officers were ultimately able to contact the subject, whereupon she fled from police. Upon catching up to the subject, it was discovered that she had caused injury to herself, so she was taken to a local hospital. Officers were in the process of setting up an evaluation for an emergency detention. Investigation continuing.
13) NORTH: Conveyance/Mental Health – 11:48pm. Officers were dispatched to a local hospital regarding a request for an emergency detention. A subject (12 year old WM) had caused a physical disturbance at his residence in the 1500 block of Troy Dr. The subject was transported to the hospital, where staff determined an emergency detention was appropriate. Officers assisted with the transport of the subject to Winnebago at 2:15am.