From 5:30 a.m. on 09/15/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/16/2017, MPD received 538 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Strong Arm Robbery – 3:34 a.m. Officers responded to the 3700 block of Hillcrest Drive for a subject/victim (21 year old WM) with injuries reported to have been sustained by several unknown suspects. A weapon was possibly displayed/used. The victim is uncooperative with officers. The victim was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation/treatment. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Battery – 7:20 a.m. Officers responded to the 2800 block of Commercial Avenue regarding a reported battery between a victim (42 year old WF) and her boyfriend/suspect (49 year old WM). Victim sustained injuries. Suspect was not on scene when officers arrived and cleared the area. After clearing the scene, an officer drove past the suspect's residence and located the suspect. The suspect was taken into custody without incident and charged with battery and disorderly conduct.
3) NORTH: Accident – 9:43 a.m. Officers responded to the 4400 block of Kennedy Road where a vehicle crashed into a power pole. The driver/suspect (28 year old WM) was impaired. Drug paraphernalia was located in the suspect's vehicle. The suspect was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation/treatment. Charges pending. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:45 a.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of South Stoughton Road for a possible sighting of a wanted individual/suspect. The suspect (22 year old AAM) was contacted and a warrant was confirmed to be active. The suspect was transported to jail.
5) CENTRAL: Battery – 11:38 a.m. Officers were contacted by the victim of a disturbance that occurred last night at a downtown bar. Officers learned that there was a dispute over money. The victim (21 year old AAF) was strangled by the suspect (28 year old AAM) and her phone was taken by an unknown suspect when she attempted to call 911. Victim knew the nickname of the suspect and an ID was made based on that. Family members attempted to contact the suspect and were further threatened with a gun. There is probable cause to arrest the suspect and the investigation is continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Trespass – 7:25 p.m. Officers were called to the men's shelter on West Washington Avenue for a man disturbing, who was refusing to leave. Officers find the suspect (45 year old Middle Eastern male/MEM) who complied with staff initially but then turned argumentative and threatened to blow police officers up. The suspect appears to be suffering from some mental health issues, but denied it. Suspect said that "they" want him to take meds, but he doesn't do so because he doesn't have any mental health issues. While officers were in contact with him, he repeatedly yelled at women who were passing by, calling them prostitutes and saying that they were going to hell. Suspect was arrested and conveyed to jail. (Suspect acknowledged he is new to Madison, having arrived recently from Maine.)
7) EAST: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 7:32 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a crash, where a vehicle hit the concrete wall at North Fair Oaks and Hwy 30. Officers arrived at the crash and did not find a driver. They began checking the area and located the suspect driver (52 year old WM) hiding in the bushes nearby. Suspect admitted to drinking and appeared intoxicated. He was transported to the hospital for medical treatment. Suspect was arrested at the hospital for 3rd offense OMVWI. He refused the test and officers drafted a search warrant for blood. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Burglary Residential/Attempted Arson – 7:36 p.m. West officers were sent to the 4800 block of Hillview Terrace for report of a break-in with smoke in the house. Caller reported that their neighbor's house was broken into and a slipper was on the stove with all of the burners turned on. No suspect information. A print was lifted from a bottle left at the scene, which will be submitted for forensic examination. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Weapons offense – 8:13 p.m. One caller and an officer in the 3000 block of Hermina Street heard one loud report. Unclear if it was north or south of the Avenue. Area was checked, no damage and no evidence located.
10) WEST: Disturbance – 9:42 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to an apartment in the 2300 block of Allied Drive for an unwanted person causing a disturbance. The beat officer, who was familiar with the male suspect, requested a third officer early on as the male is known to fight with police. Upon arrival, the male suspect (30 year old WM) immediately balled up his fists and aggressed at the officer but the officer was able to quickly apply handcuffs in order to detain him. While escorting the suspect out of the building, he began fighting with the officers and had to be decentralized. The suspect continued his resistive actions all the way to jail. The suspect was charged with DC, resisting, and felony bail jumping.
11) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:17 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 2000 block of Westbrook Lane for a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a 36 year old WF victim who stated she and her husband were arguing earlier in the evening during which time he began alleging that she was cheating on him. The argument subsequently continued and the husband/suspect pushed wife/victim out of bed which caused injuries to her shoulder and hip. He then attempted to sexually assault victim. Suspect (50 year old WM) was arrested for domestic-related battery and sexual assault.
12) EAST: Stolen Auto – 11:26 p.m. MPD officer was dispatched to a report of a stolen auto in the 5100 block of East Buckeye Road. The victim (33 year old WM) reported his unlocked vehicle was taken from his driveway sometime that evening. According to the victim, the keys were in the center console and this appears to be a crime of opportunity. A 2014 white Ford Escape was stolen from the residence. NCIC entry was completed. Later in the evening, an observant MPD officer located the vehicle westbound on US 12/18 at around 2:40 a.m. A stop was attempted, the vehicle continued and the pursuit had to be terminated. The vehicle was last seen in the Hammersley Road area.?
13) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 1:06 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 3000 block of Tucson Trail for a report of a runaway juvenile. The 15 year old AAM was supposed to return home from a friend's house at 11:00 p.m. but never did. This is a regular occurrence with this subject. The male has no phone and no access to a vehicle. NCIC entry and ATL completed.
14) CENTRAL: Accident w/Injuries – 1:31 a.m. Madison Police Department was dispatched to a report of a single motorcycle accident at the intersection of University Avenue and Campus Drive. It appears that the suspect/victim of the crash was riding his motorcycle inbound when he failed to negotiate the curve. That in turn caused him to strike a curb which sent him and his bike airborne. When he landed, the motorcycle landed on top of him. A Ryan Brothers ambulance crew happened to be in the area and provided prompt medical services. Investigating officers detected the odor of intoxicants emanating from the rider and found open beer bottles. Upon arrival at the hospital, the 50 year old WM rider was found to have lacerations to his elbow, shin, and had a brain bleed. He was cited for first offense OWI.
Update to call from 9/15/2017 - WEST: Missing Adult - 7:42 p.m. Officers responded to Adderbury Lane for a report of a missing adult (23 year old AAF) with special needs. Attempt to locate aired and she was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. **Update: As a follow-up to yesterday's call of a walk-away from Adderbury Lane, this missing adult was located and was taken to a local hospital for a medical clearance. A mental health evaluation was conducted in conjunction with Journey and a determination was made to do an emergency detention. Subject was taken to Winnebago at approximately 2:00 a.m.