From 5:30 a.m. on 08/27/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/28/2017, MPD received 374 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH- Drug Incident - 8:53am. Officers responded to the 1900 block of Northport Dr with EMS for a report of a medical issue/overdose. The caller (AAF, 25yo) reported that their friend (AAM, 33yo) was non-responsive and having difficulty breathing as result of possible cocaine overdose. Upon arrival, officers found the subject unresponsive. Officers observed cocaine (6.8 grams) and paraphernalia on a nightstand in plain view. Both were transported to area hospitals for continued treatment/examination. A test of the drugs was positive for cocaine. Both subjects were cited for possession of cocaine.
2) EAST- Assist Fire - 11:08am. Officers responded to a residence in the 600 block of McLean Dr reference a report of a gas main leak. The caller was digging a hole for a fence post when the line was struck. MFD responded and requested MPD response for traffic control. Two officers responded for traffic control direction from 11:10am to 12:35pm. No homes were evacuated. MFD did monitor gas levels in two homes closest to leak. MG&E also responded and repaired the line.
3) NORTH- Road Rage - 11:26am. Officers responded to a report of a road rage incident that occurred near N Stoughton Rd and E Washington Ave, with the suspect (AAM, 29yo) reportedly displaying a handgun. The caller described the suspect vehicle and officers subsequently located the vehicle in the area and made contact with the suspect, a passenger (WF, 33yo), and three children (ages 15, 10, 4). A check of the vehicle revealed an unsecured, loaded handgun wrapped in a plastic bag in the trunk area of vehicle. The passenger claimed possession of the gun. The gun was not listed as stolen and was placed in a secure case. The suspect admitted to the road rage incident after the caller cut him off, but denied producing/displaying the gun. The suspect stated he held his phone up to the complainant as she was recording him on her phone. The caller reported a similar version of events; however, they believed the suspect was in possession of handgun. All parties were released with no further action taken.
4) EAST- Non-Residential Burglary - 3:08pm. MPD was called to the 6800 block of Littlemore Dr for a report of a storage unit being broken into. A storage locker in the basement garage of an apartment complex had a padlock cut off. Two large car speakers were taken. There are no other reports of other storage lockers being broken into at this time.
5) NORTH- Domestic Disturbance - 3:11pm. MPD officers were dispatched to a disturbance and fight that had just occurred in a residence on the 1700 block of Northport Dr. The victim (AAF, 26yo) reported to officers that she and the suspect (AAM, 27yo) have been dating and had an argument at work. Both parties returned home and the suspect continued the argument and escalated to a physical disturbance at that time. The victim was able to get away and contact police. The victim was taken to an area hospital. The suspect was contacted and arrested for strangulation, intimidation of a victim, criminal damage to property, battery, and bail jumping.
6) WEST- Arrested Person- 5:25pm. MPD officers were able to identify the suspect (WF, 42yo) of a retail theft which occurred on 8/25/17 and contacted her on 8/27/17. During the interview, the suspect admitted to the retail theft. When officers attempted to arrest the suspect, she began to resist. The suspect was charged with felony retail theft and resisting.
7) WEST- Conveyance-Alcohol - 5:41pm. An officer was approached by an employee of a business in the 4200 block of W Beltline Hwy for a partially nude, highly intoxicated subject (WF, 42yo) who just entered the business and was in a back room. Officers contacted the subject, who was deemed to be incapacitated due to alcohol. The subject was placed into protective custody and taken to Detox.
8) NORTH- Overdose - 5:44pm. Officers were dispatched along with MFD to the 4700 block of Hayes Rd for a subject (AAF, 28yo) who intentionally ingested numerous pills. The subject admitted to officers that she ingested the pills in an attempt to kill herself. The subject was conveyed to an area hospital.
9) NORTH- Disturbance - 6:25pm. MPD was called to the 600 block of Pawling St reference a domestic disturbance. The victim (AAM, 31yo) reported that he was battered and headbutted by three suspects (two WF, one WM). An argument had occurred when the suspects argued with the victim about leaving the house. One of the WF suspects headbutted the victim, causing injuries to his mouth area. The suspects are at large. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Injured Person - 9:19pm. MPD was dispatched to the 400 block of W Wilson St reference an injured person. The victim (WM, 67yo) had non-life threatening injuries. The victim was located and found to be intoxicated and could not how he sustained his injuries. The victim was conveyed to a local hospital.
11) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance - 10:11pm. MPD was dispatched to the 3500 block of E Washington Ave reference a domestic disturbance. Officers arrived on scene and made contact with the victim (WF, 25yo), who stated that she and the suspect (WM 26yo) engaged in an argument. The victim stated that during the argument, suspect slammed a door on her hand and pushed her to the ground repeatedly. The victim stated she got up again and slapped the suspect one time. At that point, the suspect indicated that he would be calling the police, and the victim went to a room and locked the door to prevent any further issues. The suspect admitted to pushing the victim multiple times and there were injuries to victim that were consistent with her statement. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and domestic disorderly conduct.
12) SOUTH: Weapons Offense - 10:24pm. MPD was dispatched to the 900 block of W Badger Rd reference a person with a knife pounding on a door. Officers arrived on scene and made contact with suspect (HM, 42yo), who admitted to having a knife tucked in his pants. There was broken glass in the parking lot and officers were unable to attribute the damage to a vehicle or victim at this time. Officers did not get much cooperation at the scene and the suspect was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.
13) CENTRAL: Strong Armed Robbery - 11:44pm. MPD was dispatched to the 700 block of E Gorham St reference a strong armed robbery. Officers made contact with the victim (WF, 29yo), who stated they were walking outbound on E Gorham St. and was approached by two suspects (both AAM). The victim stated the suspects got physical with her and ended up stealing her purse. The victim pursued the suspects to a vehicle, where she was ultimately able to recover her belongings from a third suspect (AAF) in the vehicle. Investigation continuing.
14) WEST: Traffic Incident/Recovered Stolen Vehicle - 2:28am. MPD was dispatched to the 2400 block of Dunns Marsh Ter reference a suspicious vehicle driving erratically in the area. Officers located the suspect vehicle and attempted a traffic stop. The suspect vehicle did not stop for a few blocks and accelerated away. Officers terminated the pursuit at this time. Officers located the suspect vehicle a few blocks away, unoccupied, in the 4500 block of Sentinel Pass. Attempts to contact the vehicle owner were unsuccessful and the vehicle was towed.