From 5:30 a.m. on 08/29/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/30/2017, MPD received 498 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Armed Robbery – 6:21 a.m. Officers responded to the 3200 block of E. Washington Ave for a reported armed robbery. The victim (29 year old AAM) reported that while waiting for a cab outside he was approached by a suspect who placed an unknown object against his back and demanded money. The suspect (a male and limited clothing description was provided) fled the area with cash. Suspect not located in the area. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 7:52 a.m. Officers responded to Glacier Hill Drive for a report of a missing child (2 year old AAF). Officers assisted in a thorough search of the residence where the child was located safe/unharmed under some bedding.
3) WEST: Information – 10:03 a.m. Officers responded to Hillside Terrace where the caller reported locating concerning advertisings on Craigslist for child care services. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Theft – 10:44 a.m. Officers responded to Wheeler Road for a report of a possible burglary/theft. The victim (93 year old MW) reported money missing. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Arrested Person/Operating While Impaired (Drugged Driving) – 11:20 a.m. Officers were initially dispatched to the 100 block of W. Main Street for a suspect (43 year old WM) who was observed shooting up in his vehicle. The suspect left in his vehicle and was later stopped by officers in the 1000 block of Regent Street. The suspect was arrested and processed for operating while impaired as well as a probation hold, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
6) WEST: Weapons Offense Person w/Gun – 11:47 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Gammon/Watts Road for a report of a man with a gun. The incident described was a road rage incident where the suspect pointed a handgun at another driver. The area was checked and the suspect was not located. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Sexual Assault – 3:04 p.m. Officers responded to Troy Drive for a report of a sexual assault. The victim (26 year old WF) reported that the suspect (25 year old HM) sexually assaulted her. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Check Person – 3:24 p.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Balsam Road after Dane County Human Services Crisis advised that they were receiving concerning messages from an individual. Attempt to contact the subject (29 year old AAF) was made but, based on the available information, there was no lawful basis at this time to enter the residence. Subsequent to this initial response, additional/concerning messages continued to be received and a decision was made based on a baby crying in the residence to enter due to exigent circumstances. The subject was combative and ultimately detained. Three young children (ages 1, 3 and 6) are inside the home which was found to be in deplorable condition. The children are placed in emergency foster care and the subject is conveyed to a local hospital for medical/mental health evaluations.
9) SOUTH: Sexual Assault – 4:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of Cypress Way where the victim (23 year old WF) reported a sexual assault by an unknown suspect to her. The suspect was described as a HM, unknown age with limited clothing description provided. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:28 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Northport Drive where the suspect (34 year old WF) was having an overdose. The suspect was conveyed to a local hospital and issued a citation for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
11) EAST: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 10:44 p.m. Officers responded to Picadilly where multiple callers reported hearing gun shots. Officers did not locate any evidence of shots fired.
12) NORTH: Check Person – 11:57 p.m. Officers responded to Dryden Drive where the caller reported receiving a text message from a friend who was making concerning statements about needing help. Limited information was able to be retrieved. Attempts were made to identify the friend/make contact with the friend but the attempts were unsuccessful.
13) CENTRAL: Check Person – 12:56 a.m. Officers on patrol in the E. Washington/Blair Street area observe a subject (WM) down with what appeared to be a head injury. Officers rendered aid and EMS responded to the location to provide additional medical care to the subject who was determined to have had an accident with his skateboard.
14) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 3:36 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Johnson Street for a report of a subject/suspect (21 year old WM) who was causing a disturbance. The suspect was located and taken into custody. The suspect was provided a citation for disorderly conduct.