From 5:30 a.m. on 09/17/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/18/2017, MPD received 239 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Disturbance – 8:25 a.m. Officers responded to a parking lot on Kennedy Heights after a caller reported observing a disturbance take place between two AAM's. In the process of calling 911, the caller lost sight of the subjects. Officers arrived on scene, checked the area and did not locate any subjects involved in a disturbance.
2) WEST: Death Investigation – 9:40 a.m. Officers responded to the 2700 block of Lynn Terrace for a deceased subject (45 year old WF) with multiple significant health concerns. Medical Examiner responded to the scene as well.
3) EAST: Check Person – 10:46 a.m. Officers responded to the 5500 block of Burke Road to check the welfare of a subject (28 year old AAF) who was suicidal and sending text messages reference ending her life and the lives of her children. Officers located the subject and she agreed to go to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. Journey Mental Health consulted. Child Protective Services plugged in. Children are safe with family. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 2:06 p.m. Officers respond to the 500 block of Moorland Road for a physical disturbance between a victim (26 year old AAF) and a suspect (33 year old AAM). The suspect was not on scene when the officers arrived. There is probable cause for his arrest which include charges for criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, battery and intimidation of a victim. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 5:34 p.m. Officers responded to the Plaenert Drive area after a vehicle was observed all over the road, driving at a high rate of speed and the driver/suspect (27 year old WM) nodding off/slumped over. The driver/vehicle was observed crossing multiple lanes of traffic, going over a curb, down an embankment and striking a railroad transformer box. Officers and EMS arrive to find the driver unconscious. MFD administered Naloxone to the driver. A drug kit was located inside the vehicle. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense).
6) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:14 p.m. Officers responded to the 5000 block of Camilla Road for a subject (45 year old AAF) having an overdose (prescription medication). MFD also responded and naloxone was given to the subject who was then transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Accident w/Injuries – 6:32 p.m. Officers responded to W. Johnson St/Frances Street where a driver/vehicle turned and hit a pedestrian. The driver (23 year old AAF) received a citation for failure to yield to a pedestrian as the pedestrian had the right-of-way. The pedestrian sustained injuries. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 11:43 p.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of Seminole Hwy regarding several calls reference shots fired. A casing was located with no obvious damage observed. Investigation continuing.
9) SOUTH: Assist Law Enforcement Agency – 1:01 a.m. A pursuit of a stolen vehicle was occurring between several law enforcement agencies (MPD was not involved). The suspect vehicle came to a rest in the 1500 block of S. Thompson. The driver/suspect (16 year old AAM) fled the scene. MPD assisted with setting up a perimeter. MPD's Unmanned Aircraft System was used to locate the suspect. The suspect was ultimately located/apprehended. The passenger (15 year old AAM) was taken into custody as well. Investigation continuing.