From 5:30 a.m. on 10/20/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/21/2017, MPD received 556 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Check Person – 7:29 a.m. Officers responded to the 6000 block of Manufacturers Drive for a subject (32 year old WM) having some sort of medical emergency. Police responded along with MFD and assisted in providing medical care to the subject. Subject transported to a local hospital by MFD.
2) WEST: Missing Adult – 7:55 a.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Carling Drive for a report of a missing subject (24 year old AAF) with developmental delays. Areas checked and attempt to locate aired. The subject returned to the residence on her own and was left in the care of a caretaker.
3) WEST: Death Investigation – 8:46 a.m. Officers responded to an address on the west side of Madison for a deceased subject (28 year old WM). Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:20 a.m. Officers responded to Woodman's on the west side of Madison for a report of shoplifting. The suspect (35 year old WF) was contacted and she expressed concern about her 2 year old child being left with a neighbor. The address for the child was contacted, and after no response at the door (but hearing the child), officers entered the home and found the child alone with a dirty diaper. Child Protective Services contacted and took custody of the child. The mother/suspect was arrested for child neglect.
5) WEST: Burglary/Home Invasion – 1:15 p.m. MFD responds to 5800 block of Russett Road to check a subject who has down syndrome and speaks Spanish (23 year old MH). Family had come home to find him injured and their apartment ransacked/damaged. MFD requests MPD after suspecting more than a medical issue and a possible burglary. Victim was non-verbal but complained of injury and victim taken by family to clinic for evaluation. Family notes that cash was taken from the home.
6) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 1:59 p.m. Officers respond to an address on the south side of Madison for a deceased subject (70 year old WM). Nothing suspicious at the scene. Medical Examiner summoned.
7) WEST: Strong Armed Robbery – 2:20 p.m. Officers respond to the home of the victim (35 year old WM) and he reports leaving work early due to flu symptoms and pulls his car over at Lumley Road and Seminole Hwy to vomit. Four AAM suspects knock on his window and ask for a cigarette. When the victim declines, he is pulled out of his car, thrown to the ground, beaten and his wallet and cash were stolen. Wallet is recovered where the suspects' car had been parked and victim sustained bruises and scrapes. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Fire – 4:07 p.m. Officers receive numerous calls for a house fire in the 500 block of E Johnson Street where flames are seen coming out of the second floor. Fire appears to have started in the second floor and spread to the roof. Extensive water damage to first floor. E Johnson Street was closed for a period of time. MPD's role was to redirect traffic.
9) EAST: Damage to Property – 6:22 p.m. Officers are originally called to a weapons offense in the 2900 block of E Washington Avenue. When they arrive it is unclear and no one else heard or observed shots fired in the parking lot. Victim (69 year old WM) comes out of business after being notified and finds back window in vehicle shattered and assume it's been shot out. No gun seen or gunshot heard and windshield likely shattered by something other than a bullet. Truck driver sitting in the vehicle next to victim's car heard a pop. Area checked and nothing found. Uncertain at this time how window was damaged. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Drug Overdose – 9:03 p.m. Officers are called to the intersection of Williamson Street and Baldwin Street for a 26 year old AF passed out in her car on the roadway. Friends know of her past heroin use and start CCR. Female is revived by Narcan administered by MFD and transported to area hospital. Arrested for possession of heroin and probation hold.
11) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 10:59 p.m. Officers were called when an intoxicated 28 year old AAF reports she was sexually assaulted two days prior by her current boyfriend. A different female called to report her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend is harassing her with repeated text messages. It seems the male at the center of both calls is the same person. Investigation is ongoing.
12) SOUTH: Protective Custody – 11:52 p.m. Officers responded to the area of West Shore Drive and Erin Street because a 25 year old AAM is intoxicated and saying he doesn't want to be alive, that he was sitting on the dock and wanted to jump in the lake and wants to be shot. Officers from multiple districts assist with checking the area and locate the male in the 900 block of Drake Street. The male was taken into protective custody.
13) EAST: Check Person/Suicidal Weapons Offense – 12:43 a.m. A 17 year old WM and a 17 year old WF are arguing about their relationship when the female receives Facebook messages from the male half that are suicidal in nature. Male is known to carry a handgun. Male is located about 2:00 a.m. when he flees, ditching a backpack with gun. K9 locates backpack with loaded gun. Male is transported to hospital for mental health evaluation and possible Emergency Detention. Charges for minor in possession of a dangerous weapon and CCW are pending.
14) CENTRAL: Fight Call – 1:27 a.m. Officers respond to the bar area of N Frances Street where three AAMs in their early 20s are fighting. Officers intervene but the fight re-ignites at the intersection of University Avenue and Frances Street and moves down University Avenue into the middle of the road. A large crowd follows. Pepper spray is deployed and the three males are arrested for disorderly conduct.