From 5:30 a.m. on 11/11/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/12/2017, MPD received 423 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Disturbance - 9:18 a.m. Officers responded to a residence in the 800 block of Pinewood Ct reference a disturbance. Caller reported her sister was armed with a baseball bat and was damaging a vehicle. Officers arrive and contact the caller (20 year old AAF) and sister (22 year old AAF), and their boyfriends (22 year old AAM, 22 year old unknown male). All reside together at the address of occurrence. Officers observe a vehicle with a smashed front windshield. Vehicle is co-owned by both sisters. Caller had reported that her sister had smashed the windshield with a bat. Sister reported her vehicle was damaged by the caller's boyfriend. No bat was located, no observed injuries, and no independent witnesses available. Sister left to stay with relatives out of state. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Battery - 11:29 a.m. Officers responded to East Wash Laundromat, 2620 E Washington Ave, for a reported battery. Victim (56 year old AAM) reported he was approached by three males in the laundromat, accusing him of stealing their laundry. Victim reported one male (AAM, 20-30 years old, 6'0", light skin, black jacket) punched him in the face, while another suspect (AAM, 20-30 years old, 5'5", black jacket) tripped him, causing him to fall. Victim reported both suspects then battered him before walking out to a vehicle. As the victim was on phone with 911, the suspect returned from the vehicle, took the victim's phone and threw it, telling the victim not to call police. Victim suffered a laceration to the eye and was checked by EMS. Suspects are at large. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 4:22 p.m. Officers were called reference a stolen vehicle report in the 300 block of East Bluff. The caller indicated a known 67 year old WM suspect took the vehicle without consent. MPD requested other agencies to check for this vehicle/suspect, which was subsequently located at 5:30 pm. The suspect was taken into custody. The suspect was issued a misdemeanor citation for operating motor vehicle without the owner's consent, after being admitted to a local hospital for a medical condition. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Check Property – 4:25 p.m. An officer doing a routine check of a property on Wintergreen Dr (due to a recent break-in and ongoing concerns at this address) notices a window broken out. A K-9 unit was called to assist with clearing the home. No one was located inside and it was not possible to tell if anyone had recently been in the home due to the previous damage. Officers secured the window by placing boards over the window from the inside.
5) SOUTH: Disturbance – 5:50 p.m. Officers were called to Industrial Dr (Detox) for a suspect out of control. The suspect (18 year old WM) pulled a lanyard that was hanging around staff member's neck and may have pulled out some hair as well. At least four officers struggled with the suspect to get him in physical restraints. During the altercation, an MPD officer was injured and went to the hospital for a medical evaluation. There is probable cause for battery, disorderly conduct (x2), resisting/obstructing and a city ordinance citation for underage person to possess/consume alcohol. Suspect remains in Detox. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Strong Armed Robbery – 6:13 p.m. Officers respond to a report of a young adolescent who had been beat up. This apparently occurred in the 2200 block of S Park St. According to the victim (14 year old HM), he was walking when a car pulled in front of him. Two suspects (AAMs, teenaged) exit the vehicle. These individuals then proceed to punch the victim in the face and took his belt, phone and backpack without consent before fleeing. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:45 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 6700 block of Schroeder Rd for a suspect "trying to break in, kicking in door right now...has a knife." Victim (56 year old AAF) provides the suspect name and description, as the suspect fled prior to police arrival. The victim states that the argument stemmed over money and the suspect kicked in her bedroom door with a box cutter displayed down at his side. The victim was slapped on the side of her face prior to the suspect fleeing. MPD is looking to charge the suspect with criminal damage to property, battery and disorderly conduct while armed. Suspect is still at large and investigation is continuing.
8) WEST: Missing Juvenile – 7:00 p.m. Officers respond to a residence in the 1200 block of McKenna Blvd for a report of a missing juvenile. The subject (15 year old AAF) is a chronic runaway and decided today to pack a bag and leave. Juvenile was entered into databases.
9) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health – 8:49 p.m. Officers were called to Valley Road for a subject (66 year old WF) who wanted to harm herself. The female has numerous medical conditions and is in constant pain which is a contributing factor towards her feelings and actions of self-harm. The subject was transported by ambulance to a local hospital and after an extended period of time it was determined an Emergency Detention would be appropriate.
10) EAST: Weapons Offense – 9:12 p.m. Officers were called for a report of a disturbance and one or two shots fired near the 700 block of Pinecrest Dr. Two callers reported hearing a male and female arguing in the area with an unknown vehicle and the vehicle then left the scene. Officers responded and did not locate anyone injured nor any property damage. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 11:33 p.m. Officers were called for some type of weapon or robbery incident at the parking ramp in the 300 block of W Mifflin St. With very limited information, officers located an intoxicated 21 year old WM subject who was detained. This person indicated a second male individual had threatened him with a gun and was higher up in the parking ramp. Other officers were able to locate a male who in fact was holding a handgun, still in the holster, in his right hand. Officers engaged this armed 26 year old HM suspect who then tried to clip the holster and the gun to the back of his pants. The suspect ended up complying with officer instructions and was taken into custody. The gun turned out to be a realistic looking pellet handgun. After interviewing all involved parties and witnesses, the suspect was arrested and transported to jail, charged with disorderly conduct.