From 5:30 a.m. on 11/22/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/23/2017, MPD received 370 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Aggravated/Substantial Battery - 8:08 a.m. Officers responded to Malibu Dr for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (mother/victim - 50 year old WF and suspect/daughter - 26 year old WF). The victim reported that the suspect punched her in the head and attempted to strangle her. The victim was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The suspect was arrested and conveyed to jail.
2) SOUTH: Disturbance/Unwanted Person - 9:17 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 1600 block of S. Park St where a suspect/ex-employee (23 year old male, mixed race) was creating a disturbance. The suspect had been contacted in the past week several times over the same behavior. There were concerns noted about the suspect's mental state. Journey Mental Health consulted. The suspect was ultimately arrested for disorderly conduct.
3) WEST: Death Investigation - 1:35 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Gregory St for an obvious death. The caller was a family member that reported the decedent (53 year old WM) had been in poor health and was not feeling well. Officers did not find anything out of place or suspicious. Medical Examiner was on scene and determined that it was a medical event.
4) WEST: Arrested Juveniles - 3:02 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 7700 block of Mineral Point Rd for a report of some juveniles (14, 14, and 12 year old AAM's) that were looking into vehicles. During the same timeframe, a separate officer was dispatched to a theft at a gas station on University Ave. Officers on the two different calls were able to determine that it was the same group of people involved in both calls. Vehicle information was provided by one of the callers and officers checking the area saw the suspect car at West Towne Mall. A stop was attempted and the vehicle fled. No pursuit initiated. Shortly thereafter, an officer was canvassing and saw the car parked near a suspect's residence. The officer was able to pull up as the suspects were approaching the car and the suspects fled. A foot pursuit ensued with the three suspects. All three were taken into custody without major incident or injury. Charges include theft from person, operating a motor vehicle without owner's consent, resisting and eluding. All three suspects were taken to the Juvenile Reception Center.
5) SOUTH: Stalking Complaint - 3:07 p.m. The caller (29 year old WF), a resident of the South-West side, reported that she broke up with her boyfriend (29 year old AAM) about a month ago and that he continues to call her multiple times in a day. The ex-boyfriend has a history of mental health problems and has attempted suicide multiple times. She has been hesitant to report his behavior for fear that he will hurt himself or her. Last night the suspect showed up at the victim's house and called her multiple times. The suspect left a note on the victim's car, which was possibly a vague threat. The suspect refused to meet with the officer and is on parole. A parole hold will be placed and there is probable cause for disorderly conduct and unlawful use of the phone. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child - 3:13 p.m. The caller/victim (16 year old AAM) reported that she was sexually assaulted by an acquaintance of her mother's. The assault occurred six years ago at the family home on the North side. The suspect (AAM/adult) has not been seen in a number of years. The parents were made aware of the assault, but it was not reported at the time. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Emergency Detention - 3:30 p.m. Officers were called by hospital staff regarding a suicidal subject (38 year old WF). The caller reported that they were on the phone with a woman who was taking pills in an attempt to kill herself. Officers were able to locate the woman on Cottage Grove Rd, who was not interested in getting to the hospital. Officers placed her in protective custody and determined an emergency detention was in order. Ultimately, the subject was a direct voluntary admittance to the VA hospital.
8) CENTRAL: Death Investigation - 10:46 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of E Wilson St reference a death investigation. The decedent (64 year old AAF) had a history of health problems and was recently out of the hospital with some complications. She was at home with family when they witnessed her collapse. Officers and MFD respond and provide life-saving efforts which are unsuccessful. Medical Examiner responded and nothing deemed suspicious at this point in the investigation.
9) EAST: Disturbance/Weapons Offense - Shots Fired - 5:40 a.m. (11/23/2017) MPD responded to multiple calls of a disturbance occurring in the 5300 block of Groveland Ter. All callers noted that there was a report of gunshots being heard. Officers are still at the scene as of this writing, but we have one victim (27 year old AAM) who has sustained non-life threatening injuries. Investigation continuing.