From 5:30 a.m. on 01/10/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/11/2018, MPD received 432 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 8:06 a.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Morraine View for a domestic disturbance. A subject (29 year old AAF) reported that she asked another subject (23 year old AAM) to leave the residence multiple times after she became upset with a conversation he was having on the phone with another female. The male subject refused to leave which is when the female reported that she grabbed a plastic piece from a vacuum telling him to leave again. When officers arrived, the male subject was no longer on scene. Investigation continuing.
2) CENTRAL: Fraud – 10:30 a.m. A victim (83 year old WM) reported a fraud where he received a phone call from someone identifying himself as a nephew to the victim. The "victim" needed financial help. The caller/"victim" requested gift cards in order to be bonded out of jail. The true victim (83 WM) secured the gift cards and was asked for additional gift cards to be purchased, which he did. The gift card numbers were provided to the caller/suspect. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Disturbance – 10:35 a.m. Officers responded to Lake Point/Waunona Woods Court regarding a disturbance. A juvenile, after being talked to by her mother about appropriate/inappropriate behaviors of juveniles, confronted another juvenile about inappropriate behavior. The parents of both juveniles got involved in the situation and words were exchanged. No police action was found necessary.
4) NORTH: Hit and Run – 10:46 a.m. Officers responded to the intersection of Anderson St/Hoffman St for a hit and run vehicle crash. The suspect vehicle was located abandoned in the 900 block of Mayfair Ave. A witness observed the suspect driver retrieve several bags from the trunk of the vehicle and fled in another vehicle. A handgun was observed in the abandoned vehicle and a K9 had a confirmed hit on the trunk. The vehicle was towed as evidence. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Intoxicated Driver – 12:01 p.m. Officers responded to the area of N. Thompson Dr/Commercial Ave for a report of a vehicle operating all over the road. The vehicle/driver was located and a stop was conducted. The driver/suspect (39 year old WF) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense).
6) EAST: Child Abuse – 2:58 p.m. Officers responded to N. Thompson Dr for a report of child abuse by a foster parent regarding three children. The caller was the biological mother of the children. The foster parent, biological mother, biological father and Child Protective Services were all talked to. No evidence of child abuse or other concerns regarding the care of the children. The children were left in the care of the foster parent.
7) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 3:41 p.m. Officers responded to a convenience store in the 700 block of E. Washington Ave regarding a retail theft. The suspect pushed the cashier before fleeing on foot with the stolen items. Officers identified the suspect upon review of the store's video footage. The suspect (25 year old WM) was located and arrested on charges of retail theft, disorderly conduct and felony bail jumping.
8) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 4:23 p.m. Officers responded to a 911 disconnect call in the 1700 block of Northport Drive. Initially, no concerns were identified at the location. As officers were leaving the area, however, a subject/suspect (52 year old AAM) made his feelings about the police contact known to officers and other residents of the building. The suspect started to cause a disturbance where he was yelling and throwing items towards the officers. The suspect then approached the officers where officers smelled the odor of intoxicants on him (which is prohibited in the suspect's bail conditions). The suspect was arrested for his bail violation and conveyed to jail.
9) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 4:34 p.m. Officers responded to Carling Dr for a report of a missing/runway juvenile (17 year old HM). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Residential Burglary – 6:31 p.m. Officers responded to Warner St for a residential burglary where the homeowner returned home to find their sliding door to their residence unsecured. Several weapons were stolen from the home. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Crash – 7:42 p.m. Officers responded to Division St/Eastwood Dr for a vehicle vs. pedestrian crash. A 7 year old and his father were in the bike lane/path (and had the right of way) when a driver made a right turn hitting the child. The child was conveyed to a local hospital for minor injuries. The driver was cited for failure to yield.
12) EAST: Assist EMS/Fire – 7:43 p.m. Officers responded to assist MFD on Helgesen Dr for a structure fire at a commercial property. MPD officers assisted with perimeter security. Investigation continuing regarding the cause of the fire.
13) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 8:24 p.m. Officers responded to a convenience store in the 2600 block of Shopko Dr for a report of a domestic disturbance between two subjects (35 year old WF victim and her 39 year old WM husband/suspect). The altercations reportedly started in the Wisconsin Dells and continued on the way to Madison and in Madison. The victim reported being strangled numerous times by the suspect, as well as battered, threatened and sexually assaulted. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated as well as several domestic related charges. Additional follow-up is necessary. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Stolen Auto – 8:31 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where a vehicle was stolen. The vehicle had been left unlocked, running and unoccupied. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
15) EAST: Overdose – 8:35 p.m. Officers responded to a motel on Thierer Rd for a subject (33 year old WM) having an overdose. An MPD officer administered several doses of Naloxone to the subject. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and will be arrested on charges of possession of heroin and a probation hold once medically cleared.
16) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 8:37 p.m. Officers responded to Mendota St for a domestic disturbance. The victim (31 year old WF) reported that her husband/suspect (28 year old WM) pushed his way into her bedroom in a threatening manner causing her to fall and injure herself. The couple are in the process of divorcing and are living in the residence with their two children. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
17) CENTRAL: Residential Burglary – 9:56 p.m. Officers responded to a residential burglary on N. Hamilton St where a victim (20 year old WF) reported items were stolen from her home. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
18) WEST: Armed Robbery – 11:17 p.m. Officers responded to Westbrook Circle where three armed suspects (all AAMs) robbed a victim (23 year old AAM) who was sitting in his vehicle. The suspects displayed handguns, pistol whipped the victim and took personal property/cash from him. The suspects fled on foot. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
19) EAST: Death Investigation – 1:04 a.m. Officers responded to a nursing home regarding a pulseless non-breathing subject (58 year old WM). Lifesaving efforts were not successful. The subject's health had been declining recently. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
20) CENTRAL: Injured Person – 2:40 a.m. Officers responded to the Monona Terrace where a subject (32 year old WM) jumped from the ramp of the Monona Terrace onto the walkway (4 stories) and suffered a fairly serious (but non-life threatening) injury. Friends of the subject, as well as the subject himself, confirmed the situation was an accident. The friends had been out drinking prior to this incident. No further action necessary by officers.