From 5:30 a.m. on 01/12/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/13/2018, MPD received 383 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 5:51 a.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of N. Henry Street for a medical emergency/possible miscarriage. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 6:57 a.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Moorland Road to assist Oregon PD and the FBI with contact of a suspect for an attempted bank robbery. The suspect (44 year old AAM) was contacted, arrested and conveyed to jail for the attempted bank robbery that occurred in August of 2016.
3) SOUTH: Violation of a Court Order – 7:22 a.m. Officers responded to Erin Street where a suspect (37 year old WM) broke into a residence (the home of a victim he used to reside with). The suspect fled the residence prior to officers' arrival. He was later located and arrested for a restraining order violation.
4) WEST: Strong Arm Robbery – 8:54 a.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of Junction Road where a victim (40 year old HF) reported that a suspect (AAM) ripped her purse from her and fled. The suspect vehicle description/plate was provided. The vehicle came back as stolen. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Death Investigation – 10:14 a.m. Officers responded to the 8000 block of Watts Road for a person down unresponsive (56 year old WF). Lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 10:45 a.m. Officers responded to a sexual assault report by an 8 year old HF victim. The suspect is known to the victim. A safety plan was put into place. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Check Person – 11:18 a.m. Officers responded to Kropf Avenue for a possible overdose. It was reported that the subject (32 year old AAM) was unresponsive. When officers and EMS arrived, the subject jumped up and ran upstairs. The subject denied any drug use. There was evidence on scene to suggest the subject had used heroin. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Residential Burglary – 11:42 a.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Road where three AAM subjects were observed kicking in a back door to an apartment. The suspects were not on scene when officers arrived. It does not appear any items were taken. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 12:41 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of S. Whitney Way where a wanted subject (25 year old AAM) was present. The suspect fled when officers arrived but was apprehended. The suspect was arrested on a felony parole violation warrant. He was conveyed to jail with an additional charge for resisting/obstructing.
10) WEST: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 12:49 p.m. Officers responded to a single vehicle crash with the involved vehicle, a Ford pickup truck, riding on its rims for a distance before losing control and going into the ditch. The driver exited and walked away from his truck; however, officers located him in the vicinity with the vehicle keys. Officers conveyed the 50 year old WM suspect to West PD for standard field sobriety testing (SFST). The suspect failed SFST and refused an evidentiary chemical test. A warrant for a blood draw was obtained. The suspect was booked into the Dane County Jail on a charge of OWI 5th offense.
11) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:59 p.m. Officers responded to a parent who called 911 to report their daughter (35 year old WF) was not breathing and was turning blue. Officers and MFD personnel respond while CCR is in progress. After their arrival, naloxone was administered by an officer and by EMS. The female is on probation for a heroin-related offense and DOC placed a hold. Officers did not locate evidence to substantiate any charges for today's incident and they booked the female into the Dane County Jail on the hold.
12) WEST: Juvenile Arrest – 4:44 p.m. Officers responded to an out-of-control 15 year old AAM and contacted the subject on a bicycle nearby. The suspect was ultimately arrested for criminal damage to property and conveyed to JRC.
13) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 5:04 p.m. Officers responded to a stolen auto report. The 24 year old AF victim/owner reported that she parked her car in the Madison College parking lot at 7:15 a.m. and when she returned to the lot at approximately 4:15 p.m. she found her vehicle missing. The officer checked with tow companies, aired an ATL on city radio channels, and listed the vehicle with NCIC.
14) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:39 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Cottage Grove Road for a report of someone trying to fight the caller. Officers arrived to find the 23 year old MB suspect took umbrage with a roommate's accusation that he took the roommate's cigarettes. The suspect responded to the accusations by verbally threatening two different roommates, physically grabbing the clothing of one roommate, cocking his arm as if intending to deliver a punch to one roommate, and kicking a trash can and its contents about the apartment. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and conveyed to the Dane County Jail.
15) WEST: Strong Armed Robbery – 6:13 p.m. Officers responded to the Pick'N Save on Junction Road for a report of a 43 year old WF who was just knocked down and whose purse was stolen. The suspect was described as an AAM, thin, 5'6", and wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt. The suspect left in a dark green minivan last seen heading towards Mineral Point Road. Officers located the vehicle a short time later parked, unoccupied, in front of Maurice's at the West Towne Mall. A surveillance was established and when three young males approached the minivan the officers attempted contact. The three AAM subjects immediately took off running and a foot pursuit ensued. One of the males was caught and conveyed to WPD for interviews. The arrested individual (23 year old AAM) had two outstanding felony warrants. Officers are working on identifying suspects and gathering video. The suspect was conveyed to the Dane County Jail on the warrants. Investigation continuing.
16) EAST: Armed Robbery – 7:02 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at the T Mobile store on Dempsey Road. Multiple suspects with masks were involved and at least one suspect had a gun when they entered the store and stole phones. Using available technologies, officers ultimately detained four AAM suspects in a van. When searching the van, officers recovered a .380 pistol, cash, SIM cards and other evidence of the robbery. All four subjects were taken to Dane County Jail and a press release was completed. Investigation continuing.
17) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:50 p.m. Officers were called to a disturbance in the 3800 block of Petterle Place involving someone being hit with a table leg. Responding officers learned a domestic disturbance occurred. A 44 year old AAF suspect struck a 58 year old AAM victim multiple times with a table leg. The female was arrested in this domestic incident and taken to the Dane County Jail.
18) EAST: Weapons Offense – 11:45 p.m. Officers were called for a disturbance at a residence in the 4000 block of Claire Street that involved a knife. Officers responded and located an 18 year old AAF who reported a disturbance involving her boyfriend. This incident involved the female arming herself with a knife to keep the male away from her. The 24 year old AAM suspect was gone when officers arrived at the scene and could not be located at this time. He also has a current Probation and Parole (P&P) warrant. Investigation continuing.
19) SOUTH: Child Neglect – 12:11 a.m. At midnight while officers were clearing one call for service in the area they heard a small child yelling for his mother near an apartment complex on Moorland Avenue. Officers located a 3 year old male in the vestibule of the apartment complex. After about 10 minutes, officers were able to determine the boy lived in one of the apartments and upon knocking on the door it was answered by a 7 year old female. No adults were on scene at this time. About 50 minutes later, the mother of these children showed up after officers had tried phone contact with a grandmother. The mother was believed to be in the building but was not cooperative with what she was doing and the circumstances of her leaving these young children alone. Child Protective Services was contacted and determined that the children could be left with their mother at this time. Investigation continuing.
20) EAST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 12:44 a.m. Officers were called to the 5500 block of Camden Road for possible shots fired. Officers responded and walked the area on foot. The caller was awakened by 5-7 shots fired and only saw taillights from an unknown car leaving the area. No property damage or injured persons were located at this time. A canvass will have to be undertaken during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
21) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:04 a.m. Officers were called to the 4300 block of Crawford Avenue for a male who may have overdosed and was down in the front yard. Officers arrived and performed CCR as well as administered naloxone to a 27 year old WM until MFD arrived on scene. The subject was brought back and transported to a local hospital. This male was in town via Badger Bus for about 2 hours before this incident. No drug paraphernalia was located and subject denied drug use. Investigation continuing.
22) SOUTH: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 1:53 a.m. Officers were called to the 3500 block of Monroe Street for a crash where a vehicle flipped over. A 25 year old WM was driving outbound on Monroe Street when he hit the back of a wrecker that was driving slowly down the street looking for an address. The male was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and was also subsequently arrested for 1st offense OMVWI.