From 5:30 a.m. on 02/13/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/14/2018, MPD received 395 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
**Priority only calls in the North and East Districts from 10:30am-1pm due to the incident at a local high school.
1) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 7:24 a.m. Officers responded to the airport where a subject (34 year old WM) was displaying odd behavior. The subject was following a government vehicle into several different lots. The subject was contacted and he was found to be in a possession of a knife and BB gun. The suspect was ultimately arrested for disorderly conduct, bail jumping, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
2) EAST: Preserve the Peace – 8:42 a.m. Officers responded to Dell Dr for a preserve the peace request while a subject (49 year old WM) moved her belongings out of the residence. The female was concerned about the response from her partner (50 year old AAM). The male subject was not on scene while officers were present. Officers stood by until the female left the residence.
3) EAST: Disturbance – 9:55 a.m. A large disturbance took place at a local high school between multiple students. Numerous officers, a Sergeant, a Lieutenant and a Captain were on scene to assist. Some minor injuries were reported. The North and East districts were required to go to priority only calls due to the resources this call necessitated. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 1:21 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a victim (56 year old AAM) arrived with a gunshot injury to his hand. The victim reported being robbed last night by two AAMs at which time the victim heard a gunshot and subsequently realized he had been hit. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 1:39 p.m. Officers responded to Darbo Dr for a disturbance among five individuals (3 victims and 2 suspects). The suspects were no longer on scene when officers arrived. Probable cause was developed for two counts of battery, one count of battery to an elderly person and one count of theft for each of the suspects (21 and 23 year old AAFs). The victims were identified as three AAFs, ages 64, 21 and 20. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Intoxicated Driver – 2:50 p.m. Officers responded to the 2500 block of Fish Hatchery Rd for a report of a driver slumped over behind the wheel. The driver was administered Naloxone. The driver/suspect (35 year old WM) admitted to using heroin. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (5th offense). He was also charged with possession of heroin.
7) MIDTOWN: PNB/AED Response – 3:11 p.m. Officers responded to a pulseless non-breathing subject (41 year old WM) in a vehicle on Manitou Way. Apparently subject had been resting from shoveling snow prior to falling into a medical emergency. Lifesaving measures were unsuccessful. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 3:27 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave for a disturbance among 6 subjects. The subjects that were on scene were interviewed. Video evidence was reviewed. The primary aggressor (34 year old AAM) was arrested for disorderly conduct, battery and a probation hold. Three participant aggressors (53 year old WM, 38 year old WF and 42 year old WF) were issued disorderly conduct citations. A 4th aggressor (30 year old WF) will also be issued a disorderly conduct citation, once located. The victim is a 47 year old WM.
9) EAST: Child Abuse – 8:11 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where a mother reported her son/victim (11 year old HM) was slapped in the face by the step-father (27 year old HM). Officers did not notice any injuries to the child. The mother, son and step-father were all interviewed. Child Protective Services notified. No charges were substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
10) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 10:44 p.m. Officers responded to Old Middleton Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (32 year old AAM victim and 28 year old AAF suspect). The suspect was intoxicated and was upset with the victim. The suspect smashed the window of the victim's vehicle. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. Child Protective Services was notified as two young children observed the incident.
11) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:59 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a disturbance. The suspect (19 year old AAM) started a physical altercation with his mother's boyfriend/victim (53 year old AAM). The suspect caused damage to the home and assaulted the suspect with a knife. The victim was transported to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries. The suspect was arrested for 2nd degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, domestic disorderly conduct and outstanding warrants. Press release completed.
12) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 11:03 p.m. Officers responded to the 1000 block of Moorland Rd for a subject (34 year old AAF) having an overdose. The subject was revived with Naloxone and transported to a local hospital. The suspect was charged with possession of heroin and outstanding warrants.
13) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 11:32 p.m. Officers responded to a business (Findorf Construction) on E. Washington Ave where it was reported that a male subject was inside their construction site. Officers set up at the location and the suspect (42 year old WM) exited the building. Upon seeing the police, the suspect retreated back into the building, locked the door and attempted to escape through another exit. The suspect was apprehended. The suspect had 21 outstanding warrants. He was arrested on new charges for burglary, possession of burglary tools, criminal damage to property and bail jumping. Press release completed.
14) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 1:51 a.m. Officers responded to Frisch Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (41 year old WF victim and 43 year old WM suspect). The victim reported being battered and strangled by her boyfriend/suspect. The victim was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, criminal damage to property and domestic strangulation.
15) WEST: Death Investigation – 3:36 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for an unexpected death of a teenager. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.