From 5:30 a.m. on 02/25/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/26/2018, MPD received 278 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) EAST: Assist MFD/Fire Investigation – 5:52 a.m. Officers responded to the Chocolaterian Café at 2004 Atwood Ave for a fully-engulfed fire to the building. MPD officers assisted MFD by providing traffic direction in the area.
2) EAST: Disturbance – 12:14 p.m. Officers responded to a convenience store on Cottage Grove Rd for a report of three juveniles causing a disturbance. The juveniles fled on foot but were apprehended by officers. The juveniles were all released to a parent/guardian. Investigation continuing regarding possible charges.
3) WEST: Civil Dispute – 12:39 p.m. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Schroeder Rd for a civil dispute. The caller reported that a subject (36 year old AAM) was being verbally abusive to their staff (who provides assisted living services to the subject). Officers arrived and after talking with all parties, determined that the situation was a civil dispute. No charges were substantiated.
4) CENTRAL: Disorderly Conduct – 1:00 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 600 block of State St where a subject (31 year old AAM) was causing a disturbance. The subject/suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.
5) MIDTOWN: Sexual Assault – 5:01 p.m. Officers responded to Monroe St where a victim (20 year old WF) reported a sexual assault by a suspect (AAM) known to her. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 5:08 p.m. Officers responded to East Towne Mall where the caller reported an unknown subject passed out in his vehicle (that had been left unlocked). The subject (19 year old WM) was able to be woken up when Officers/MFD arrived. Probable cause was not developed for any drug related offenses. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation and was cited for trespass to a vehicle.
7) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 5:19 p.m. While officers were on location with the above call (#6), another call came in to dispatch that a male subject was unresponsive inside of a restroom in the mall. The subject/suspect (30 year old WM) was awakened by MPD. Drug paraphernalia was located on/near the subject. The suspect admitted to using heroin. The suspect was conveyed to a local hospital and then to jail for possession of heroin and a probation/parole hold.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:00 p.m. Officers responded to Stonebridge Dr for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (35 year old WM and his 16 year old WM step-son/suspect). The suspect reported being attacked by the victim and that the victim fled from the residence on foot. The victim was not located. Charges are pending for the victim for domestic disorderly conduct, battery, possession of drug paraphernalia and underage consumption of alcohol.
9) MIDTOWN: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:27 p.m. Officers responded to N. Brooks St for an overdose by a subject (60 year old WM). The subject is revived with Naloxone by MFD. No charges were substantiated for any drug related offenses. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 6:31 p.m. Officers made contact with a victim (29 year old WF) who wished to report a sexual assault by a suspect (35 year old AAM). The suspect was contacted. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Aggravated/Substantial Battery – 11:45 p.m. Officers responded to Hoard St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (47 year old WF victim and her 59 year old AAM boyfriend/suspect). The victim reported being punched by the suspect. The victim sustained injuries which required stitches. The suspect was arrested for substantial battery.
12) EAST: Check Person Weapon – 2:27 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where a female subject (30 year old WF) was threatening suicide and had barricaded herself in a room with a knife after an argument with her boyfriend. The female was taken into protective custody and transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. No charges were substantiated.