From 5:30 a.m. on 03/05/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/06/2018, MPD received 452 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Limited crash response at 6:30pm due to road conditions.
**Conveyances to Winnebago: 2 officers transported a subject at 10:37pm and returned at approximately 3:25am. Three officers transported two subjects at 8:33pm and returned at approximately 2:30am.
1) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 2:38 a.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Moorland Rd for a 911 disconnect call. Officers' investigation revealed that the suspect (64 year old AAF) was intoxicated, armed with a knife and attempted to interrupt a conversation taking place between two other individuals. At one point the suspect slashed at one of the individuals (36 year old AAF), which caused an injury. The suspect was arrested for 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 8:17 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence regarding a pulseless non-breathing subject (79 year old WM). Lifesaving measures were not successful. Medical Examiner's office responded. Nothing suspicious on scene. Investigation continuing.
3) MIDTOWN: Mental Health Conveyance – 10:42 a.m. Officers responded to Britta Parkway to check the welfare of a subject (38 year old AAF). It was reported that the subject was having some sort of mental health crisis as she was laying on the floor covered in anti-freeze. It was also reported that the subject had assaulted a postal carrier, who was no longer on scene. The subject was non-compliant with officers, throwing items in the residence and kicking the walls. It took several officers and EMS staff to restrain the subject so she could not harm herself/others. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and a conveyance to Winnebago will take place once she is cleared from the hospital. One officer sustained an injury during this incident.
4) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 12:17 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of W. Mifflin St regarding a disturbance. The suspect (36 year old WM) walked by the victim (60 year old AAF), removed her hat and threw it on the ground. The suspect did this again after the victim put the hat back on. The suspect then physically struck the victim several times. The suspect was originally arrested for battery; however once MPD Mental Health Officers and Journey Mental Health weighed in, a decision was made to transport the subject to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. An emergency detention was sought and the subject was conveyed to Winnebago at 10:37 p.m. by two MPD officers.
5) WEST: Weapons Offense – 12:36 p.m. Officers responded to Strathmore Lane after the caller found a bullet in the basement of the building. Based on the trajectory, the bullet is more than likely connected to a weapons offense/shots fired incident from this last week. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Intoxicated Driver – 5:59 p.m. Officers responded to Index Dr regarding a subject slumped over in a vehicle. The driver (31 year old WM) was found to be intoxicated. He was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense).
7) EAST: Stolen Auto – 6:33 p.m. Officers responded to Droster Rd for a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was left running, unlocked and unoccupied. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Missing Adult – 6:35 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive for a report of a missing subject (43 year old WM) who has numerous mental health concerns. Attempt to locate aired. Subject listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 7:27 p.m. Officers came across a crash (driver hit a parked vehicle) on Cottage Grove Rd. The driver (57 year old WF) was found to be intoxicated. She was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense).
10) WEST: Weapons Offense – 11:35 p.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Rd where the caller reported observing a male subject (AAM) knocking on an apartment in his building. The caller stated the subject left, returned and proceeded to knock on the apartment while holding a gun. A male subject, with a distinctive jacket, was observed walking away from the building when officers arrived but due to the caller not providing information that matched the description he was not contacted. Officers later learned this was probably the subject the caller was referring to. Subject was no longer on scene when officers re-checked the area. Officers attempted contact at the apartment where the subject was knocking and there was no answer. Investigation continuing.
11) WEST: Check Person – 3:19 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (48 year old WF). Officers spent quite a bit of time dialoging with the subject and her 16 year old daughter. No immediate concerns for the subject's welfare were identified. Resources provided. No further action by the police was deemed necessary.