The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
**The total calls for service for the past 24 hours could not be pulled and localized due to technical issues. Total calls for service was 550++.
From 6:00 a.m. on 06/25/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 06/26/2019, MPD received _____ calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the ______ calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central ( ), East ( ), Midtown ( ), North ( ), South ( ), West ( ), and Other ( ). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 7:19pm-8:08pm due to calls for service.
1) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 4:28 a.m. Officers responded to Lumley Road for a report of a single gunshot with people arguing. Officers checked the area and located one casing. No injuries or property damage reported. No involved parties were located. Incident report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) NORTH: Drug Incident/Overdose – 5:43 a.m. Officers responded to Boyd Ave for a report of subject (32-year-old WM) experiencing an overdose. MPD and MFD provided life saving measures to the subject. The subject denied any drug use and was conveyed to a local hospital. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
3) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 7:47 a.m. Officers responded to W. Johnson Street for a report of a suspect (19-year-old HM) trashing the home of his ex-girlfriend/victim (20-year-old WF). The victim and suspect had been engaged in a verbal argument which then turned physical. The suspect pushed and strangled the victim. The suspect resisted officers when they contacted him. During the arrest of the suspect, two MPD officers sustained minor injuries. The suspect was conveyed to jail on charges of battery, strangulation, disorderly conduct, intimidation of a victim and criminal damage to property (all domestic-related charges). The suspect was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 10:24 a.m. An officer located two stolen vehicles on Flagship Drive. The registered owner of one of the vehicle's responded to the area and re-took possession of it. The second stolen vehicle was towed. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 2:46 p.m. A Parking Enforcement Officer was flagged down in the 100 block of State Street for a report of a suspect (63-year-old UM) who flashed a gun during a verbal dispute. Capitol PD located the suspect and detained him until MPD officers arrived. No weapon was located. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct (domestic) and an active warrant. The suspect was conveyed to a local hospital for a medical clearance for a pre-existing injury. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Traffic Arrest – 4:05 p.m. An officer attempted contact with a subject/suspect (29-year-old UM) on Hammersley Road. The suspect fled on his dirt bike. Another officer located the suspect. The suspect was arrested, conveyed to jail and charged with eluding.
7) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 7:01 p.m. Officers responded to Randall Court to check the welfare of a suicidal subject/suspect (21-year-old AAM). The suspect was wanted for a substantial battery incident that involved his ex-girlfriend. Contact was made with the suspect and he was arrested for the outstanding warrant and a new domestic-related charge. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Information/Sexual Assault – 8:00 p.m. Officers met with a victim (24-year-old AF) who reported a possible sexual assault by an acquaintance/suspect (26-year-old AAM). Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: PNB/AED Response – 8:24 p.m. Officers, along with MFD, responded to Plaza Drive for a pulseless non-breathing subject (83-year-old WM). Officers performed CCR until MFD arrived. The subject was revived and transported to a local hospital. The subject was left in the care of medical staff.
10) WEST: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 9:40 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing/runaway juvenile from Hammersley Road. It was reported that the juvenile (15-year-old WF) had made suicidal statements earlier in the day. Areas checked. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
11) WEST: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 9:44 p.m. Officers responded to Rimrock Road for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (15-year-old AAF). Areas checked. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases.
12) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 10:53 p.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of E. Washington Avenue for a disturbance. The suspect (26-year-old AAM) pushed an officer and attempted to flee on foot. The suspect was apprehended, arrested and conveyed to jail on charges of disorderly conduct, possession of cocaine with intent to delivery, resisting and a probation/parole hold.
13) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:45 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance between two subjects (45-year-old HM victim and 40-year-old WF suspect) that took place on Alison Lane. The couple had been arguing via text for the last two days. The suspect confronted the victim and punched him in the face. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.