From 5:30 a.m. on 08/06/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/07/2017, MPD received 314 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:09 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 700 block of Pinecrest Drive for a domestic disturbance. Victim (31 year old AAF) stated her boyfriend/suspect (39 year old AAM) kicked the door to her residence in an attempt to gain access. The victim said she told the suspect to leave or she would call the police. The suspect left but returned trying to get into her residence again which is when she called the police. The suspect threatened to batter the victim and forced his way into the home. The suspect was located and arrested on several charges.
2) EAST: Check Person – 11:23 a.m. Officers were dispatched to Stoughton Road near Broadway for a report of a man walking in traffic with his arms out. The subject was identified (34 year old WM) and has had contact with multiple other law enforcement agencies where they reported the subject to have a history of being uncooperative and being combative/violent. There was also information received that the subject's father reported that his son was threatening suicide and specifically suicide by cop. Officers responded and the subject fled on foot into a field. Officers set up a containment perimeter and attempted to verbally engage/deescalate the subject. MPD officers continued to dialogue at length and they were eventually able to take the subject into protective custody without incident. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for medical/mental health evaluations. A petition for emergency detention was filed and the subject was transported to Winnebago with officers leaving Madison at approximately 4pm.
3) WEST: Disturbance – 1:37 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the front lot of West Towne Mall for a disturbance. Officers make contact with mall security. Mall security advises that the suspect (25 year old AAM) was in the mall yelling and rapping. Officers were asked by mall security to remove the suspect as he had refused to leave the premises when told to. Officers locate the suspect who refused to identify himself. He was placed under arrest and he was mildly resistive. He was charged with trespassing and resisting arrest. He was taken to jail.
4) EAST: Disturbance – 2:04 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 1400 block of Pflaum Road regarding a disturbance. Two separate groups of people, with possible connections, came into contact in this area. Two WMs (55 & 30 years old) and two AAMs (22 and 15 years old) exchange verbal jabs including racial slurs. One of the AAMs reported that the older WM (suspect) brandished a firearm. The older WM suspect reported that the firearm was only brandished after the AAM was reaching into his pocket which caused him fear for his safety. The suspect was cited for CCW.
5) NORTH: Threats Complaint – 2:25 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 3600 block of Memorial Drive for a threats complaint. Caller (24 year old AAF) reported that her ex-boyfriend/subject (57 year old AAM) posted on social media that he was going to bring that "thing" to her workplace. She believed him to be threatening to bring a firearm. The caller's employer decided to lockdown the facility until officers could get more information. An officer makes contact with the subject who indicates the "thing" was his feelings. He denied having a gun or intentions to harm the caller. Nothing criminal was established. The caller's employer was notified and they chose to end the lockdown.
6) WEST: Enticement/Kidnapping – 4:15 p.m. 9 year old HF was playing at home in the 6300 block of McKee Road when an AAM bikes into her driveway and tells her he is there to take her home. The child says she is already home at which point the suspect grabs her by the arm. The child pulls away and goes inside her home. The suspect flees the area. A K9 track is attempted but the suspect is not located. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:52 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 2600 block of Ardsley Circle for a domestic disturbance. The victim (35 year old AAF) is in the process of divorcing her husband/suspect (37 year old AAM). The suspect followed the victim to a friend's residence, pushed her down, battered her and also strangled her while she was trying to call the police. A friend was able to get the suspect off the female but then the suspect took a chair and broke a window in an attempt to gain access to the residence. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment. Phone contact was made with the suspect but he refused to meet with officers. Probable cause was developed and multiple charges are pending for the suspect. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 11:00 p.m. Officers responded to two different calls of people being shot with paintball guns. The first incident occurred when a 25 year old female was walking down the sidewalk on East Wilson Street and she was shot in the chest. She heard a pop and then felt pain but did not see any suspect or vehicle. The second incident occurred on Langdon Street where an individual was shot in the hand. Suspect information from the second incident was a dark car with tinted windows that drove by when the incident occurred. No serious injuries or other suspect information. Investigation continuing.