From 5:30 a.m. on 09/02/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/03/2017, MPD received 438 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Check Person – 6:23 a.m. Alert tone sounded and MPD as dispatched to the 2500 block of Brentwood Parkway. Caller stated someone entered the residence with a weapon. Officers arrive and clear the residence with no suspect being located. Upon further investigation, the resident (55 year old AAM) had been drinking heavily and stated he is a veteran with PTSD; call seems to have been initiated from an ETOH/ PTSD manifestation.
2) NORTH: Death Investigation – 11:01 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 2500 block of Myrtle Street. The deceased (60 year old WM) had an extensive medical history. Medical Examiner and MPD on scene and death appears to be a medical event.
3) SOUTH: Check Person – 11:30 a.m. A local ER called stating a suicidal subject (AAF) had left the ER on foot. MPD canvassed the area. The subject subsequently returned to the hospital of her own volition.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 12:24 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 2100 block of Sheridan Drive for a 90 year old WM subject found deceased by a family member. Subject had an extensive medical history and a DNR order. Medical Examiner and supervisor on scene. Nothing suspicious.
5) WEST: Weapons Offense – 1:36 p.m. MPD was dispatched to West Towne Mall for security wanting to turn over a loaded handgun. MPD officer reviewed security camera footage and observed a 16 year old AAM suspect leaving the area where the handgun was located a short while later. Suspect was contacted and arrested for CCW and a trespass ordinance. Recovered handgun was later discovered to be stolen from a previous MPD case.
6) EAST: Battery – 1:58 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a store in the 2700 block of E. Washington Avenue reference a battery complaint. A 48 year old WF victim was in the business looking at a display case when the 36 year old WM suspect entered the store and without provocation struck the victim at least two times in the back of the head. Suspect was contacted a short distance away and taken into custody.
7) WEST: Death Investigation – 6:05 p.m. A 28 year old WM subject was found deceased on Edgartown Ct. by a family member. Subject was a heavy smoker and drinker and was complaining of left arm pain to a family member the previous evening. No signs of trauma or drug history. Medical Examiner and supervisor on scene. Autopsy is scheduled for Sunday.
8) CENTRAL: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 8:17 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 100 block of S. Henry Street. Caller reported that a vehicle had just struck a wall in the parking ramp and then continued to the top of the ramp. Witnesses followed the vehicle and observed the driver exit the vehicle with a child and walk away. Responding officers located the suspected driver who smelled of intoxicants and had a strong slur to her words. After further investigation, the female driver (47 year old WF) was arrested for her 6th offense OWI and other traffic charges.
9) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 9:39 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 1500 block of Trailsway. Caller stated that the suspect (37 year old WF) was waving a butcher knife around, waving it at people including the caller's friend. She was described as "unstable" and had walked away prior to police arrival. Officers were able to locate the suspect who appeared to be intoxicated, and after further interviews and investigation she was arrested for DC while armed and open intoxicants, and conveyed to jail.
10) CENTRAL: Battery – 1:50 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the Buckeye Lot on W Gorham for an individual (29 year old WM) who had been punched and reportedly knocked unconscious. Upon arrival, victim was awake but extremely intoxicated and did not remember much of the incident. Witnesses provided a very vague description of the suspect (teenage AAM). The punch may have been instigated as a result of racial comments. Video reviewed was unhelpful. Victim was taken to the hospital for medical attention, and then an evaluation for detox.
11) WEST: Strong Arm Robbery – 1:54 a.m. Victim (29 year old WM) calls for an Uber driver which picked him up on the 600 block of University. Victim passed out during the Uber ride, but awoke to the Uber driver and another individual demanding money from him in the 6500 block of Grand Teton, which was not his intended location. Victim calls 911, and much of the disturbance may be captured via 911. Suspects, described only as AAMs in their 20's, pull him out of the vehicle, punch him, and take his wallet containing money and credit cards. Victim has a facial laceration which may require stitches. Investigator responded and photos taken. Video and audio evidence will be reviewed. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 2:18 a.m. Single caller reported hearing two shots somewhere near Gammon and Gettysburg Drive. Nothing else seen or heard. Officer in the area at the time did not hear anything. Area was checked with nothing evidentiary located.
13) EAST: Robbery Armed – 2:41 a.m. Victim (24 year old WM) is reportedly at Woodman's when he observed an old high school acquaintance. Suspect (24 year old WM) entered the vehicle with the victim and they are talking. Victim states he then takes out money and is counting it in front of the suspect when the suspect pulls a gun and points it at his temple, demanding the money. Victim states he quickly attempts to exit the vehicle when the suspect strikes him with the gun. Officers responded to suspect's home but were unable to make contact. Investigation continuing.
14) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 3:05 a.m. Officers on routine patrol in the area of Bartillon Drive/Portage Road heard what they believed to be shots in the area with a vehicle speeding off. One caller reported hearing the same near Dwight Drive. Officers located a sign down with evidence of a vehicle leaving the road near that location, but uncertain at this time if or how this is related.