From 5:30 a.m. on 10/01/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/02/2017, MPD received 372 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Check Property – 6:57 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 200 block of State Street for a possible burglary. The caller reported observing three unknown individuals inside the business. Officers arrived and contacted one individual still on scene, who refused to talk. The owner of the business responded to the store and identified the individual as an employee. Nothing reported stolen. Owner did not want to pursue any charges.
2) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 10:39 a.m. Officers responded along with EMS to the 100 block of N. Carroll Street for a subject (27 year old AAM) down on the sidewalk unresponsive. The subject was revived with Naloxone and admitted to drug use. The subject was transported to a local hospital and cited for possession of heroin.
3) SOUTH: Property Found – 11:07 a.m. Monona PD contacted our Department after a firearm that had been reported missing was located in their jurisdiction. MPD took possession of the firearm.
4) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:18 p.m. A Sergeant out on routine patrol observed two individuals in the area of James Madison Park slumped over in a vehicle. Both subjects (37 year old WM and 26 year old WF) were found unconscious. Officers administered Naloxone which revived the subjects. The male suspect was transported to a local hospital and cited for possession of heroin. The female suspect was taken to jail on a probation hold.
5) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 3:09 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Onsgard Road for a report of a missing juvenile (16 year old HF). Information was obtained that the juvenile was in the company of a 32 year old male (suspect) and they were planning to leave the country. The suspect was contacted by family and he agreed to bring the juvenile home. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Disturbance – 4:00 p.m. Officers responded along with EMS to Hollow Ridge Road for a report of a subject (23 year old WM) who may be having a seizure. Information was provided that the subject may be having a drug induced medical emergency and that he has been combative in the past. The subject was temporarily detained so medical assistance could be provided. No charges were substantiated.
7) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:04 p.m. Officers responded to the intersection of North and Commercial along with EMS for a report of a subject (61 year old WM) who was down. The subject was pronounced deceased. Nothing suspicious observed. Subject had been complaining of chest pain recently. Medical Examiner notified. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Armed Robbery – 8:50 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery in progress at a gas station on Mineral Point Road. The suspect (43 year old WM) battered a clerk/victim (34 year old AAF) while demanding money. The suspect was detained in the store by the victim and a customer. The suspect was arrested for attempted armed robbery, 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety, possession of drug paraphernalia and a parole hold. Press release completed.
9) NORTH: Armed Robbery – 10:01 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at a gas station on Northport Drive. The suspect (AAM) pointed a handgun at the clerk/victim (29 year old AM) and fled. Investigation continuing. Press release completed.
10) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:21 p.m. Officers responded to Wyalusing Drive where a couple had been arguing most of the day. The wife/suspect (31 year old HF) leaves the residence for a period of time and returns home where she reinitiates the argument. The suspect ends up slapping her husband/victim (33 year old WM) and causing damage to the residence. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
11) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 10:51 p.m. A subject (23 year old AAM, cognitively delayed) went missing near Langdon and Lake Street as he was en-route on a bus from Chicago to Minnesota. The subject was located by officers and a plan is in place to reunite him with his family.
12) SOUTH: Armed Robbery – 2:30 a.m. Officers responded to a report of an armed robbery in the 2200 block of S. Park St. The victim (50 year old AAM) reported being robbed at gunpoint by an unknown suspect (AAM). There was a delay in reporting of this incident. Investigation continuing.