From 5:30 a.m. on 10/05/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/06/2017, MPD received 444 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Check Person – 8:14 a.m. Officers responded to Blossom Lane to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (63 year old WM). Subject was transported to a local hospital for a medical/mental health evaluation and treatment plan. Situation could turn into an emergency detention. Officers standing by with subject at hospital. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Missing Adult – 8:44 a.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Road to check the welfare of a subject (33 year old WF) who had not been heard from by family for several days. The family was concerned because they were aware of a domestic disturbance that had occurred between the subject and her boyfriend (31 year old AAM) recently. The female subject was contacted and denied any domestic issues. No charges were substantiated.
3) NORTH: Check Person – 9:47 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Schmedeman Ave and Graceland Ave for a report of a suspicious person taking photographs. The subject was contacted and there were no concerns about the photographs he was taking (of properties for business purposes).
4) NORTH: Juvenile Arrest – 11:07 a.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of Ruskin Street for a report of a student/suspect (13 year old HM) in possession of a firearm on school grounds. The suspect was contacted and a pellet gun was confiscated. The suspect was arrested and charged with possession of a dangerous weapon on school grounds.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:52 p.m. Officers responded to Topaz Lane for a domestic disturbance between two subjects – 34 year old WM victim and 30 year old WF suspect. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and felony bail jumping.
6) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 3:56 p.m. Officers responded to a hold up alarm at a bank on E. Main Street. The suspect (28 year old AAM) was on scene when officers arrived. The suspect was asking to withdraw money even though he didn't have an account. There were concerns that the suspect had a weapon on him. No weapons were located. The suspect has caused other similar issues at other banks recently. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.
7) WEST: Accident Hit and Run – 4:26 p.m. Officers responded to Singleton Court/Tottenham Road for a report of shots fired. A juvenile victim (12 year old AAM) was located with minor injuries to his leg. Information provided was that the juvenile was hit by a vehicle that fled and that there were no shots fired. Varying accounts of what occurred was provided by multiple different witnesses. No evidence of shots fired. Juvenile released on scene.
8) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:12 p.m. Officers responded to Stewart Street to check on a subject who was in a bathroom and a loud thud was heard. The suspect (27 year old WM) was contacted and he admitted to using heroin. The suspect qualified for the Madison Addition Recovery Initiative (MARI) program and was given the appropriate referrals for assistance. Charges pending depending on the outcome of MARI.
9) WEST: Death Investigation – 7:14 p.m. Officers responded to Falles Court with MFD for a deceased subject (53 year old WM). The subject has had recent medical concerns. Nothing suspicious. Medical Examiner responded.
10) EAST: Suspicious Person – 8:53 p.m. A caller reported observing what they believed to be a MW subject ordering another MW subject into his vehicle on Stoughton Road. Area thoroughly checked, vehicle description aired and information shared at briefing. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Check Person – 9:55 p.m. Officers responded to a business on Shopko Drive for a suspect (32 year old AAF) who was "freaking out" and out of control. The suspect was contacted and officers determined that the suspect had an active warrant. The suspect admitted to drug use. Drugs were located on the suspect. Two MPD officers became light headed and dizzy when they attempted to observe the drugs further. The suspect was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation before being taken to jail for her warrant. The officers were also checked out at the hospital. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:52 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a domestic disturbance that occurred between a victim (29 year old WF) and her husband/suspect (34 year old AAM). Incident occurred on Morraine View Drive. Victim sustained injuries and was given medical attention. Suspect was arrested for domestic strangulation and domestic sexual assault.
13) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 10:54 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of W. Washington Avenue for a report of a missing adult (24 year old WM) who is in need of medication. Area checked, attempt to locate aired and the subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
14) EAST: Weapons Offense – 11:39 p.m. A suspect (37 year old AAM) reportedly caused a disturbance, pulled a weapon and pointed it at staff at a business on East Towne Blvd. The suspect then fled the area. Vehicle description was provided and officers set up a perimeter at the suspect's address. Witness advised that the suspect put the weapon in the console of his vehicle when he left the business. Officers contacted the suspect and gave him verbal commands. The suspect was non-compliant and moved very quickly to his vehicle. Officers, being advised of a weapon in the vehicle, took the suspect into custody at gunpoint. A gun, determined to be a BB gun, was recovered in the vehicle. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
15) NORTH: Armed Robbery – 12:08 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 1400 block of Northport Drive where a suspect (AAM in his 20's) demanded money and also made threats about shooting up the place. The suspect fled. Investigation continuing.