From 5:30 a.m. on 10/09/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/10/2017, MPD received 336 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Certain calls have recurrent themes in terms of time and labor intensity. For example, when individuals are taken for an evaluation due to a mental health issue or episodic break, MPD does an extensive collaboration with Journey Mental Health in determining the least restrictive option. These are always two officer calls and can routinely last between 5-8 hours (or more). Emergency Detention conveyances are taken to the Winnebago Mental Health Hospital in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This is a five hour round-trip, including intake, that takes two officers out of our community and creates challenges for us as we attempt to service calls.
1) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:00 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the north side for a deceased subject (60 year old HF) who was suicidal. Investigation continuing. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
2) SOUTH: Damage to Property – 10:59 a.m. Officers responded to Potter Street where a suspect (39 year old AM) broke a window to a home he used to live in, entered without permission and removed an item from the home. The suspect was intoxicated. He was arrested for criminal damage to property.
3) WEST: Weapons Offense – 12:27 p.m. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Schroeder Road for a report of numerous shots fired. No evidence of shots fired located at this time. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 3:48 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Winnebago Street where a suspect (41 year old WM) was attempting to get into a residence without permission and ended up breaking a window. The suspect was arrested for criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, battery and 2 counts of bail jumping.
5) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:36 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of N. High Point Road regarding a subject (29 year old WM) who was armed with a knife and threatening to kill himself. While officers were en-route, the subject cut his throat, ingested medication and fled. Officers located the subject in a residence and set up a perimeter. The subject approached the officers armed with a knife and refused to listen to officers commands to drop the knife. When the subject began to injure himself again by cutting his throat, officers were forced to deploy a less lethal caliber round which caused the subject to drop the knife. Officers hastily administered a quick clot bandage which ER doctors indicated saved the subject's life. Journey Mental Health was notified and consulted. Subject hospitalized. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:53 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for an emergency detention of a subject (27 year old WM). Officers transported the subject to Winnebago at approximately 11:30 p.m.
7) EAST: Armed Robbery – 8:37 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 1700 block of Thierer Road for an armed robbery. The suspect was armed with a handgun and fled the area. The suspect was described as a WM, approximately 25 years of age. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 12:38 a.m. Officers responded to the 1900 block of Atwood Avenue for a domestic disturbance between two men (42 year old WM suspect and 43 year old WM victim). The suspect was arrested for battery and a probation hold.