From 5:30 a.m. on 10/25/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/26/2017, MPD received 450 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Disorderly Conduct – 10:00 a.m. Officers responded to a business on Rayovac Drive when the caller (49 year old WM) requested assistance in retrieving his car keys held by his wife (44 year old WF) from whom he is separated. The caller was advised that this was a civil issue and we could not compel her to return the keys. The female was contacted, however, in an attempt to mediate the dispute. It was at this time that the female, and several of her co-workers, reported a recently committed disturbance at the workplace in which the male took items from his wife's purse and was yelling. The male was ultimately arrested for disorderly conduct.
2) WEST: Attempt to Locate Person – 1:25 p.m. An officer was in the area of Raymond Road observed an individual who is wanted (31 year old AAM) in a vehicle along with two other occupants. The vehicle was on the move and officers attempted to make a traffic stop. The vehicle fled. The vehicle was later located empty. Subjects matching the description of the occupants were observed and contact was attempted. Two subjects (including the one with the warrants) fled. A third subject (26 year old AAM) remained on scene and was cooperative. The wanted subject is still at large and additional charges are pending for him once he is located. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Child Abuse – 2:17 p.m. Officers were contacted by an outside law enforcement agency regarding a child abuse allegation they were investigating. There were multiple locations mentioned for venues of the alleged abuse. The victim is a 3 year old WF. The suspect is a 56 year old WF intermediary who transfers the child between the mother and the child's father during child custody exchanges. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:05 p.m. Officers responded to a subject down near a vehicle in the area of Stein Ave and McAnn Road. Officers located the subject (27 year old WM) unresponsive with a needle near him. Officers administer Naloxone to the subject which revived him. The subject was arrested for possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail jumping.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 5:41 p.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side of Madison for a deceased subject (79 year old WM). Subject had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
6) EAST: Child Neglect – 5:58 p.m. Officers responded to Kohl's on East Springs Drive for a suspect (38 year old WF) shoplifting. The suspect was arrested and during the investigation it was discovered that the suspect's 2 year old child was left unattended in a vehicle that was parked (running and unlocked) in the fire lane. An additional charge of child neglect was added.
7) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 9:50 p.m. Officers responded to a residence in the 200 block of N. Frances Street for a disturbance called in by neighbors. Officers arrived and could hear a disturbance but no one answered the door. The officers are eventually allowed into the home where they located a victim (35 year old AAM) with minor injuries. The suspect (32 year old AAF) was identified and arrested for battery (domestic), disorderly conduct (domestic) and resisting arrest.
8) NORTH: Traffic Incident – 10:27 p.m. Officers were participating in a pro-active initiative looking for high profile wanted subjects when they observed two suspicious vehicles at a gas station doing a possible drug transaction. The vehicle that had the suspicious item fled the scene. The vehicle was located and the occupants fled. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 11:58 p.m. Officers responded to the 5900 block of Schroeder Road for a subject (20 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject admitted to heroin use. He was transported to the hospital and cited for possession of heroin and provided a referral to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI)