From 5:30 a.m. on 11/18/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/19/2017, MPD received 255 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Arrested Person - 8:42 a.m. Plainclothes officers observed a subject selling UW Football tickets at the Monroe St/Regent St intersection. Officers contacted the suspect (45 year old AAM), confiscated tickets, and attempted to serve the suspect an ordinance citation. Upset that the tickets were confiscated, the suspect refused to accept the citation, thereby forcing the officers to take the suspect to jail to post for having no street vending license.
2) WEST: Stolen Auto - 9:42 a.m. Officers responded to Dunraven Ct for a possible stolen vehicle. Witness reported observing a small red Toyota rapidly enter a cul-de-sac, where it was then parked. Witness reported two subjects (15 -16 year old AAMs) exited, ran to a vehicle idling in the driveway of a residence on Dunraven, entered that vehicle and drove off, damaging a mailbox while backing out of the driveway. Vehicle has been entered as stolen.
3) EAST: Threats Complaint - 9:59 a.m. Officers responded to a gas station located at 3505 E Washington Ave, reference a threats complaint. Officers contacted the manager (42 year old ME male) who reported that he was threatened by the suspect (60-65 year old AAM) who attempted to leave the store with beer without payment. When confronted by the manager, the suspect reportedly stated, "I'm with ISIS, I'll cut off your head." After issuing that threat, the suspect left the beer on the counter and exited the store. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Check Person - 10:14 a.m. Officers responded to S Yellowstone Dr reference possible elder abuse. Caller reported significant, possibly suspicious bruising/injuries to her mother (97 year old WF). Investigator responded, documented, and photographed injuries. DCHS notified.
5) NORTH: Check Person - 1:34 p.m. MPD dispatched to Independence Ln reference a check person. Caller was reporting that a 7 yr old boy was wandering the complex wearing mismatched shoes and not with any adult. CPS contacted for assistance and additional resources are being explored to assist the family. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Drug Incident-Overdose - 3:09 p.m. MPD was dispatched to Timber Lake Trl for a pulseless/non-breathing subject. The WF subject (28 years old) was found outside of the complex. MFD administers naloxone and track marks are visible. Investigation reveals that the subject went outside with her 5 month old daughter and went PNB with the child with her, for approximately 5 minutes until other family located her. MPD took custody of the child and contacted CPS for placement in foster care. Subject was taken to a hospital and is awaiting a medical clearance before being conveyed to jail for several warrants.
7) EAST: Accident Hit-and-Run - 5:35 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a three vehicle crash hit-and-run at the intersection of Milwaukee St and Crystal Ln. The caller reported that the suspect vehicle rear ended her vehicle which was then pushed into the vehicle ahead of them. Upon contact with the suspect driver, a strong odor of intoxicants is observed coming from the driver. The driver then flees, but only after a picture is taken of the driver. The registered owner of the vehicle matches the description/image of the driver. Officers respond to the residence and there is clearly someone inside, but no answer at the door and windows to the garage are covered, making it impossible to see if the vehicle is there. No significant injuries. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Information - 6:13 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a single caller reporting hearing shots fired in the 4800 block of Camden Rd, followed by a female screaming. Call came in from a 911 area code and could not be called back. Address does not verify. Several people in the area are stopped for statements, but note that nothing was heard or seen while they were outside. Nothing located that would indicate anything occurred as reported.
9) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:28 p.m. Officers were called to the 3100 block of Ridgeway Ave for a runaway juvenile. The 16 year old female was last seen Friday, 11/10/17, at approximately 8:00 pm. This juvenile has left home several times before and may be with a 19 year old boyfriend. According to mom, the juvenile hasn't been attending school but has no medical or mental health concerns. An ATL was aired and Data notified.
10) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 2:36 a.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of Prairie Road reference a caller reporting a weapons incident involving a gun. A 29 year old AAM called and reported he originally was driving home from downtown Madison when an unknown male pointed a gun at him from another vehicle at Langdon and Park Street. This male did not know the suspect with the gun and immediately drove away quickly. He went toward his residence on the West side of Madison and when he got into his garage the same vehicle had pulled up in front of the house after following him across town. This vehicle then drove off. The person with the gun was described as an unknown Hispanic male. Investigation continuing.
11) CITY-WIDE: Assist Police – 2:54 a.m. Officers were requested to assist Fitchburg PD with a rollover crash where it was believed someone may have been ejected but could not be located. South officers checked an address in the 1800 block of Beld St for the registered owner. Simultaneously, Madison officers responded with and utilized a drone to search a very dark marsh area for a person who may have been ejected in the area on Syene Rd south of Post Rd. Investigation and assistance continuing. **Additional Information: No one located and it is unknown how long the crashed vehicle was at this location before being discovered.**