From 5:30 a.m. on 11/19/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/20/2017, MPD received 253 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Death Investigation/Possible Overdose – 6:26 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (33 year old WF). Decedent reported to have a history of drug use and significant medical concerns. Medical Examiner on scene. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Crash w/Unknown Injuries – 10:01 a.m. Officers responded to the area of S. High Point Rd/Mineral Point Rd for a motor vehicle v. tree crash. Witnesses reported observing a driver (WM, approximately 30 years old) exit the vehicle and walk away from the scene bleeding. Area checked, local hospitals notified, K9 track completed. Driver not located. Vehicle owner contacted and is not cooperating. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Check Person – 10:36 a.m. Officers responded to a business on E. Main Street for a subject down and unresponsive. MFD administered several doses of Naloxone and an IV to the subject (33 year old AAM) before he regained consciousness. No drugs or paraphernalia located on scene. The subject was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
4) WEST: Theft from Auto – 12:29 p.m. Officers responded to the 5100 block of Juneau Rd reference several juveniles going through vehicles. At the same time this call came in, a stolen vehicle was observed which was occupied by one juvenile and two other juveniles were observed running through backyards. The two juveniles observed running (10 year old AAM and 14 year old AAF) were detained. They were returned to their parents. The stolen vehicle was located abandoned. The juvenile observed in the vehicle was identified and the information was passed on to another jurisdiction where the vehicle was stolen from.
5) EAST: Sexual Assault – 12:47 p.m. Officers responded to take a sexual assault report from a victim (30 year old WF). The assault was reported to have occurred in the 4800 block of Hayes Road. The victim did not want to talk with the police but agreed to go to the hospital for an exam. The suspect is known to the victim. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Death Investigation – 2:22 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (84 year old WF). Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Found Property – 2:38 p.m. Officers responded to Trailsway/Calypso where a handgun was found under a bridge. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Check Person – 4:41 p.m. Officers responded to Tompkins Drive to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (elderly WM). Contact was made with the subject and he was taken into protective custody. The subject was transported to a local hospital. Journey Mental Health consulted. Safety plan put into place and subject left in the care of the hospital/family.
9) WEST: Check Person – 5:59 p.m. Officers responded to Old Middleton Road reference a 14 year old WF who was causing a disturbance. There were reports that the subject had cut herself and swallowed screws, but upon investigation there was no indication that this occurred. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject had to be sedated due to her resistance and refusal to take medication. Crisis notified. Officers left the subject at the hospital but may get called back depending on next steps (Emergency Detention, etc.).
10) CENTRAL: Strong Arm Robbery – 11:08 p.m. Officers responded to take a report from a victim (29 year old WM) who reported that three unknown males attempted to rob him on Williamson Street. The victim could not provide any description of the suspects. The victim was intoxicated. The victim had injuries which were photographed. There was a 30-45 minute delay in reporting of this incident. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 1:06 a.m. Officers responded along with MFD to Arkansas Ave for a vehicle fully engulfed in flames. Fire put out. Investigation continuing.