From 5:30 a.m. on 12/01/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/02/2017, MPD received 495 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 6:30 a.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop at Seminole and the Beltline for speeding. The driver/suspect (33 year old AAM) provided false information during the stop. It was determined that the suspect had a warrant pending for his arrest. He was conveyed to the local jail for the outstanding warrant.
2) CENTRAL: Check Person – 9:17 a.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (60 year old WM). The subject was contacted and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Weapons Offense – 9:48 a.m. Officers responded to the 3000 block of Maple Valley Drive for a subject armed with a gun. The subject/suspect (35 year old WM) was contacted last night about some concerning behaviors he was displaying. On today's date, the suspect was very delusional, paranoid and armed with a rifle. The suspect was taken into protective custody. After a mental health evaluation, it was determined there was no cause for an emergency detention. Suspect was booked into the Dane County Jail for disorderly conduct while armed.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 4:25 p.m. Officers were dispatched to an 89 year old WF who was found unresponsive by a neighbor. The woman was beyond medical help. She had a history of medical problems and there was nothing suspicious noted. Medical examiner was on scene.
5) SOUTH: Enticement/Kidnapping – 7:39 p.m. Officers are investigating what appears to be an enticement. Reports indicate that the girls were contacted by an adult (49 year old AAM) who enticed them into his car. Suspect told the girls that they were going to go to a restaurant to eat, but he took them to an apartment instead. They were then convinced to go into the apartment where they used drugs and the suspect began to ask uncomfortable questions. The girls were able to get out of the apartment and run to a nearby store and called for help. Officers' follow-up investigation resulted in identifying and contacting the suspect, who admitted to a very similar story as the version provided by the victims. The suspect was ultimately arrested and taken to jail on enticement charges. Other charges being considered as well. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Disturbance – 11:50 p.m. Madison Police Department responded to a call where people were reporting a gun threat. Subsequent investigation reflected that no gun was seen or threatened. Apparently, a couple, along with their 6 year old grandchild, drove their van to complete some errands. While en route they noticed that the back door of the van was open, so they shut the door and continued their trip. Once they returned to their residence, an individual sat up from the back of the van, gave a brief announcement and then fled. The suspect is believed to be someone that had been involved in an altercation with them previously on the east side of Madison. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Burglary Residential – 12:22 a.m. Victim's son left the residence at approximately 6:30 p.m. The victim/mom returned home at approximately 11:30 p.m. and noted that her purse has been moved and cash is missing. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Fight Call – 2:10 a.m. Officers conducted a walk through/bar check in the 400 block of North Frances Street. Upon doing so, multiple people immediately began filing out of the bar. A disturbance began outside of the bar when one individual apparently spat at another. Officers were able to quell the initial disturbance and then monitored various rowdy groups as they walked away, still agitated. Eventually, some of those involved worked their way back to the front of the bar. A suspect (27 year old AAF) is warned multiple times to cease her behavior and leave the area. Despite being warned, this individual then proceeds to walk directly up to others and begins fighting. Multiple fights break out with 7 to 10 people actively fighting one another. As officers intervened, they were again able to defuse the situation except for the same suspect who continued fighting. Suspect was arrested and taken to the Dane County Jail to post on the disorderly conduct citation where she then fought with booking deputies as well.
9) EAST: Assist Police – 3:08 a.m. Wisconsin State Patrol initiated a pursuit that proceeded into the city of Madison. As their pursuit neared the downtown area, Madison Police Department's Officer in Charge requested that the pursuit be terminated given the speeds involved and the direction of travel towards the densely populated isthmus. The vehicle was stopped shortly thereafter and the individual was taken into custody by the pursuing agencies.