From 5:30 a.m. on 12/11/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/12/2017, MPD received 399 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Juvenile Arrest – 6:27 a.m. An officer, while conducting traffic enforcement on Regent St/Spooner for school zone enforcement, observed a vehicle driving in the dark without lights. The vehicle was stopped and the driver/suspect was a 14 year old WM. The suspect was listed as a missing juvenile. The suspect denied knowing who gave him the vehicle. The vehicle he was driving was confirmed to be stolen out of another city. The suspect was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center and processed for operating a motor vehicle without consent.
2) WEST: Crash/Property Damage – 8:30 a.m. A MPD officer was driving on Verona Rd when a semi deviated from its lane and struck the squad car. The semi was not aware that he caused this incident and kept on driving. The semi was stopped and the driver was cited and released.
3) EAST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway - 12:43 p.m. Officers responded to Camden Rd for a report of a missing juvenile/runaway (14 year old AAF). The juvenile has been a victim of human trafficking in the past and may be in the company of two adult men staying in hotels. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
4) WEST: Death Investigation - 1:36 p.m. Officers responded to High Point Rd to check the welfare of a subject (85 year old WF). The subject was found deceased. Medical Examiner responded. Nothing suspicious noted on scene.
5) CENTRAL: Disturbance - 4:51 p.m. Officers responded to State St/Dayton St for a disturbance where it was reported that a gun and a knife were involved. Several subjects were contacted. No weapons located. No charges were substantiated.
6) NORTH: Weapons Offense - 5:22 p.m. Officers responded to E. Bluff where it was reported that a subject was shooting from a vehicle as it was leaving a parking lot. No damage was located. A shell casing was recovered. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Death Investigation - 7:36 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (86 year old WF). The decedent had multiple health issues. Medical Examiner responded.
8) SOUTH: Weapons Offense - 8:00 p.m. Officers responded to Red Arrow Trail where a victim (48 year old HM) reported a bullet hole in his vehicle. The victim reported that he was driving on Coho when a vehicle with three AAM's came up beside him and started to scream at him. The victim said he didn't know what they were saying and then he heard a "pop." The victim drove home and discovered the bullet hole at that time. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Property Found - 10:03 p.m. Officers responded to Montclair Lane where the caller reported a child's belongings were in the street and they saw a vehicle leave the area quickly. The property was determined to be disposed of from a vehicle that had been stolen. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and confirmed that their child was safe. The property was returned to the owner. Area checked, stolen vehicle not located. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Death Investigation - 2:05 a.m. Officers responded along with MFD to Cottage Grove Rd for a deceased subject (36 year old WM). Evidence of drug use was observed; appears to be a heroin overdose. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.