From 5:30 a.m. on 12/27/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/28/2017, MPD received 308 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Death Investigation – 5:05 a.m. MPD was dispatched to Oak Park Place Senior Living Center (719 Jupiter Dr) for a 91 year old WF resident of the memory care unit who was obviously deceased. Medical Examiner on scene, nothing suspicious noted.
2) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:19 a.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 1000 block of Moorland Rd for a disturbance between a 26 year old AAM and 23 year old AAF who are going through a breakup. The male came to the female's residence and pounded on the door a number of times. The female ultimately brought the male's belongings to the door. During this interaction the male grabbed at his belongings in a manner that resulted in the female getting a bloody lip. Based on both involved parties' statements, the injury did not appear to be caused intentionally. The male was contacted by phone and advised that he will turn himself in, at the CCB, in a few hours for domestic disorderly conduct.
3) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 12:42 p.m. MPD was dispatched to Straubel Ct reference a stolen vehicle that had just occurred. The 52 year old AAF victim had started her 2001 white Chevy Malibu to warm it up and she left it running and unlocked. When she returned it was gone. No suspect information at this time. Listed through NCIC and ATL completed.
4) NORTH: Check Person – 1:24 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 2000 block of Tennyson Ln reference a suicidal subject. Officers contacted the complainant (56 year old WM) who reported that his girlfriend (46 year old WF) cut herself with a knife. The WF left in her vehicle prior to police arrival and a ping was conducted. The ping led officers to the West side of the City where the vehicle was located and unoccupied. Eventually officers located the subject on foot and transported her to Detox. She had very minor self-inflicted injuries to her neck.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 1:46 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 3200 block of Milwaukee St reference a death investigation. Staff from VA Affairs reported that they did not receive a response from the subject (72 year old WM) at his address. MPD forced entry and found the decedent inside. Nothing suspicious was found. Medical Examiner was requested.
6) EAST: Sexual Assault – 4:24 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 1700 block of Thierer Rd reference a possible 4th degree sexual assault. The victim (36 year old WF) reported that she was watching the Packer game with friends on the 23rd. The victim advised that the suspect (54 year old AAM) groped her over her clothing. The suspect and witnesses were interviewed, however, probable cause was not developed.
7) NORTH: Robbery-Strong Armed – 5:53 p.m. The victim (70 year old WF) was walking home from the 3500 block of Packers Ave. Someone approached the victim from behind and tugged on her bag. The victim turned around and pepper sprayed the suspect. The suspect ran to a vehicle and fled the area. Nothing was taken from the victim. The victim believed the suspect was male but could provide no further description of the suspect or vehicle.
8) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:25 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to 4330 Libby Road (Lake Farm Park) regarding a domestic disturbance. While driving, the suspect (33 year old WM) and his partner begin to argue. They pull over at the park and the victim (25 year old WF) requests he get out of the vehicle. Enraged, the suspect severely battered the victim and strangled her in the vehicle. Victim sustained contusions on the neck and needed multiple stiches to close a facial injury. Suspect left prior to police arrival and when contacted by phone refused to meet and stated he would contact his attorney. Probable cause to arrest the suspect has been developed for a number of felony domestic abuse related charges and there is also a probation warrant in the system as well.
9) WEST: Death Investigation – 8:35 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 700 block of Struck St reference a check welfare. Officers did not receive a response after knocking on the apartment door. Access was gained with a key. Once inside, officers found the resident (68 year old WF) on the floor and obviously deceased. Nothing suspicious.
10) WEST: Death Investigation – 9:39 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 5700 block of Russett Road regarding a death investigation. The deceased (30 year old WM) was visiting a friend's residence when he unexpectedly left at around 5:00pm and upon returning went into the bathroom. After 15 minutes elapsed the friend goes to check and finds the bathroom door locked and there is no answer. Upon forcing entry, the deceased is located with a needle still in his arm. The deceased had just overdosed on heroin on the previous day. Investigation clearly indicates this was a heroin overdose and the scene was processed. Autopsy has been scheduled.
11) EAST: Death Investigation – 11:01 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 2400 block of Old Camden Square regarding a death investigation. The deceased (26 year old AAM) was visiting his sister's residence. She returned home from work to find him down and cold to the touch. The deceased had a history of seizures and drug usage (specifically heroin). Investigation indicates this was likely a heroin overdose and the scene was processed. Autopsy has been scheduled.
12) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 11:31 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 3800 block of E Washington Avenue regarding an attempt to locate complaint for the Department of Corrections. The suspect (43 year old AAM) was contacted and arrested without incident for a probation violation (the original offense was battery).
13) CITY-WIDE: Assist Outside Agency (Police) – 12:55 a.m. Fitchburg police officers are dispatched to 2956 Fish Hatchery Road (Mobil Gas Station) regarding an armed robbery in progress. The suspect, a female, was armed with a knife and came behind the counter to demand money from the clerk. The clerk fled out of the store and the suspect became barricaded inside. A Fitchburg officer was literally across the street at the time of dispatch with others arriving very quickly. MPD's involvement came by means of a mutual aid request for our K9 and handler. The suspect was eventually taken into custody.
14) NORTH: Theft from Auto – 1:44 a.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 2200 block of Superior St regarding a theft from automobile complaint. The caller to 911 reported to police that her vehicle was parked in her garage and that sometime during the overnight hours someone rifled through it. An accounting of exactly what was taken is not yet known. Investigation continuing.
15) EAST: OMVWI Arrest – 3:12 a.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 6400 block of Millpond Rd regarding a vehicle crash with unknown injuries. A passerby observed a vehicle in the ditch on south of US Highway 12 (eastbound) and a male pacing around it. Upon arrival, officers make contact with the driver (26 year old WM) who appeared impaired and admitted to being out drinking to celebrate his birthday. The driver was subsequently placed under arrest for 1st Offense OWI and taken to jail.
16) CENTRAL: OMVWI Arrest – 4:29 a.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 800 block of Williamson St reference an intoxicated driver complaint. Upon arrival, officers made contact with the driver (31 year old WM) who admitted to drinking. He did not perform field sobriety tests to satisfaction and was arrested for 2nd Offense OWI.