From 5:30 a.m. on 01/11/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/12/2018, MPD received 314 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Sexual Assault – 5:12 a.m. Officers responded to a sexual assault report of a victim (39 year old AAF) by a known suspect (55 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested on attempted 3rd degree sexual assault charges.
2) SOUTH: Stolen Auto – 9:05 a.m. Officers assisted Fitchburg PD with the recovery of a stolen vehicle that was reported from E. Washington Ave. The vehicle was located on Post Rd unoccupied and returned to the owner. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Sexual Assault – 11:31 a.m. Officers responded to a sexual assault report of a victim (22 year old WF) by two known suspects (28 year old WF and 39 year old WF). Video evidence was available at the location of said sexual assault and no assault was observed. Alcohol was consumed by all three subjects. There was no evidence/probable cause to support the allegations at this time.
4) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 4:31 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a disturbance between two subjects (51 year old WF victim and her 24 year old WF daughter/suspect). The victim reported being hit several times by her daughter. The suspect admitted to the assault and was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and domestic battery.
5) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:13 p.m. Officers responded to Brittany Place for a report of a disturbance overheard by neighbors. Contact was made with two subjects (28 year old AAF victim and 37 year old AAM suspect). The victim responded to the suspect's home to retrieve some of her belongings when an argument started. The suspect refused to let the victim leave and placed her in some sort of hold around her neck. The victim was heard screaming for help. The suspect was arrested for false imprisonment and domestic disorderly conduct.
6) NORTH: Violation of a Court Order – 6:53 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence where a suspect (23 year old AAM) showed up at the victim's home which is a violation of a court order. The victim contacted police and the suspect fled prior to arrival of police. Charges of violation of a court order and bail jumping are on file for the suspect. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 10:00 p.m. An off-duty MPD Sergeant located an unoccupied stolen vehicle in the roadway on Shopko Dr. The vehicle was out of gas. A witness observed two AAMs entering a gas station near the vehicle asking for a gas can or cup to fill up gasoline. The two AAMs left on foot without any gas. The vehicle was returned to the registered owner. Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:32 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a disturbance between two subjects (40 year old AAF victim and her 18 year old AAF daughter/suspect). The victim and the suspect share a bank account and there were some suspicious deposits made by the suspect which the victim confronted her about. An argument started and the suspect punched the victim. The suspect left the residence prior to police arriving. Contact was attempted with the suspect but was unsuccessful. Charges are pending for the suspect for domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 1:06 a.m. Officers responded to W. Gilman St for a report of a disturbance, with possible weapons involved, involving several individuals. There was a delay in reporting the incident. A suspect vehicle description was provided. The vehicle was located and a traffic stop was conducted. The occupants of the vehicle confirmed a disturbance did occur but they denied knowing who the primary aggressors were. A second suspect vehicle was stopped as well. No one cooperated in terms of identifying any suspects. No weapons were located. All parties released.
10) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:42 a.m. Officers responded to the intersection of W. Wilson/S. Henry St for a report of a driver passed out in the roadway at the intersection. A Dane County Deputy came across the vehicle and attempted to wake the driver up. The Deputy broke the window of the vehicle and was able to stop the vehicle from moving forward. The driver/suspect (24 year old HM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense) and open intoxicants.