From 5:30 a.m. on 01/16/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/17/2018, MPD received 408 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Strong Arm Robbery - 7:13 a.m. Officers responded to a convenience store (Kwik Trip) in the 1600 block of N. Stoughton Rd for a strong arm robbery. The victim (35 year old AAF) had her wallet stolen from her by a suspect (WM) who fled in a vehicle. The victim followed the suspect out of the store and opened the door of the suspect vehicle in an attempt to get her wallet back. The suspect put the vehicle in reverse and drove off dragging the victim a short distance before she fell to the ground. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Information - 9:00 a.m. SWAT and Special Victims Unit (SVU) Detectives executed a search warrant at a south side residence reference a child pornography investigation. The warrant was executed successfully. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Adult Arrested Person - 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of LeLand Dr for a suspect (34 year old WM) who had an active warrant and was present at the location. Over the weekend the suspect stole his mother's vehicle, trashed the vehicle, returned the vehicle to his mother and stole her other vehicle. The suspect's probation agent issued a warrant for his arrest. On this date, the suspect was reported to be at an address on LeLand. Officers attempted to make contact with the suspect and he did not answer the door. A decision was made to make entry into the residence and the suspect was located/taken into custody.
4) SOUTH: Check Person - 9:36 a.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of S. Park St regarding a suicidal subject (50 year old WF). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. An emergency detention may be sought at which time MPD will be called back to the hospital.
5) CENTRAL: Missing Adult - 1:42 p.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of W. Doty St reference a missing adult (38 year old WM with mental health concerns). Attempt to locate aired. Subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault - 3:20 p.m. Officers received contact via the internet from a victim (27 year old WF) requesting a phone call from officers. Officers contacted the victim who reported a sexual assault that occurred when she was 16 or 17 years old. The victim identified the suspect (30 year old WM). During the contact with officers, the victim stated she no longer wished to talk or pursue charges against the suspect. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Death Investigation - 5:10 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for an unresponsive subject (71 year old WM). Lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. The decedent had recent health concerns. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded.
8) EAST: Drug Incident/Overdose - 6:55 p.m. Officers responded to the 3500 block of Atwood Ave for a subject (30 year old WF) having an overdose. MFD administered Naloxone. The subject admitted to using heroin. Drug paraphernalia observed on scene. The subject was transported to a local hospital and issued citations for possession of drug paraphernalia and heroin. The subject was provided a referral to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI).
9) EAST: Armed Robbery - 7:18 p.m. Officers responded to Collins Ave where a victim (19 year old AAF) was robbed at gunpoint by a known suspect (30 year old AAM). The suspect fled in a vehicle. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Check Person - 7:35 p.m. Officers responded to make contact with a subject (34 year old AAM) who went to a local hospital with injuries. The subject reported waking up to find his home trashed and personal items missing. The subject's explanations were inconsistent. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person - 8:16 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Northport Drive for a disturbance between neighbors (21 year old AAF victim and 24 year old AM suspect). There were previous arguments between the neighbors regarding noise. On this date, the suspect went to the victim's residence where he kicked on her door and spit on her door. The victim had concerns that the suspect was armed. The suspect was contacted and arrested for disorderly conduct. No weapons were located.
12) SOUTH: Child Abuse - 8:41 p.m. Officers responded to a report of child abuse of a 4 year old AAF by her father (29 year old AAM). The child was evaluated at a local hospital. The child is currently in the care of her mother. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Check Person - 11:02 p.m. Officers responded to check on a 1 year old child who had been seen being pushed down by another child and possibly injured. The child was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The mother of the child who pushed the 1 year old would not come out of her room to talk with officers. Child Protective Services notified. The 1 year old child did not sustain any serious injuries per medical staff. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired - 11:51 p.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of Onyx Lane for multiple reports of shots fired. No casings were located. No damage was observed. Additional canvassing may be necessary during daylight hours. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
15) WEST: Death Investigation - 12:34 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for an unresponsive subject (65 year old WF). Lifesaving efforts were not successful. The decedent had recent health concerns. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded.
16) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway - 12:41 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (14 year old AAF). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.