From 5:30 a.m. on 01/18/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/19/2018, MPD received 342 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) Central: Adult Arrested Person/Graffiti - 12:04am. Officers have been tracking a chronic "tagger" in the Williamson Street corridor for the past 1.5 years. Officers coordinated surveillance of the suspect (28 year old WM) and were able to catch him in the act of tagging a building in the 1500 block of Williamson St. The suspect was subsequently arrested and taken to jail. See press release for additional details.
2) WEST: Conveyance/Mental Health – 5:30am. MPD received a report from a family member about a possibly suicidal subject (27 year old WM) on Camus Ln. The subject was contacted and conveyed to a local hospital, where he was voluntarily admitted.
3) WEST: Sexual Assault – 7:44am. MPD responded to Glencoe Dr for a report of a sexual assault by an acquaintance. The victim (32 year old WF) reported she believed she had been assaulted by the suspect (46 year old WM) after an evening out together. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Conveyance/Mental Health – 9:26am. Dane County Mental Health requested that officers pick up a subject (46 year old AAM) at a clinic on S Park St. After lengthy coordination with various agencies, the subject was ultimately conveyed to Winnebago
5) EAST: Check Person – 12:45pm. MPD officers responded to a report of a subject (17 year old AAM) with autism running in traffic on E Washington Ave. Officers assisted EMS personnel in contacting the subject and he was conveyed to a local hospital for a medical clearance and evaluation for an emergency detention.
6) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:19pm. MPD officers responded to Walmart on Watts Rd for an unresponsive male passed out in the men's bathroom. Officers arrived to find the suspect (38 year old WM) down on the floor in the bathroom, not breathing and turning blue. Drug paraphernalia was also found on scene. Officers administered naloxone and performed CCR until EMS personnel arrived and ultimately revived the suspect. The suspect was taken to a jail on a probation hold.
7) CENTRAL: Animal Cruelty – 4:43pm. MPD officers responded to a report of someone possibly mistreating a cat in an apartment in the 700 block of University Ave. Officers contacted the suspect (19 year old AM) and cited him for cruelty to animals. The kitten was taken to the Dane County Humane Society. See press release for additional details.
8) NORTH: Missing Juvenile – 5:54pm. MPD officers responded to the 500 block of Northport Dr for a report of a missing juvenile. Officers learned that a mother received a call from the juvenile's high school that the juvenile (14 year old AAF) skipped classes today and had boarded a bus to an unknown location. The juvenile was returned home later that evening
9) NORTH: Conveyance/Mental Health – 7:16pm. MPD officers were dispatched to the UW Health Clinic on the north side to evaluate a candidate for an emergency detention. The subject (42 year old AAF) was transported to a local hospital, where arrangements for the emergency detention were finalized.
10) EAST: Death Investigation – 8:23pm. MPD officers responded to an assisted living facility on Burke Rd for a deceased resident (61 year old WM). The subject's family had been unable to contact him for a few days and contacted staff to check his welfare, who found the subject to be deceased. Nothing suspicious noted and ME personnel were called to the scene.
11) EAST: Disturbance – 9:00pm. MPD officers responded to Kurt Dr for a report of a threatening and harassing phone calls. The victim (30 year old AAF) reported her ex-boyfriend (32 year old AAM) had made several threatening phone calls, taken the victim's phone to prevent her from calling police, and entered the victim's residence without consent. Probable cause was developed for felony intimidation of a victim, bail jumping, and disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
12) NORTH: Stalking Complaint – 9:14pm. MPD officers responded to a report of continuing stalking issues. The victim (49 year old WF) has an active injunction harassment order on file against the suspect (52 year old WM), and the suspect continued to contact the victim. Probable cause was developed for charges of stalking, violation of injunction harassment order, and bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Disturbance - 9:38pm. MPD was dispatched to State Street Brats regarding a suspect (55 year old AAM) causing a disturbance, threatening patrons and staff, and refusing to leave. The suspect left prior to officer arrival and then went to Church Key Bar. He created another disturbance, threatened staff, and was asked to leave. The suspect was finally located at 7-Eleven on State St after creating his third disturbance of the night. The suspect was highly intoxicated. Subject was issued a citation for disorderly conduct while intoxicated and taken to the jail to post on the citation.
14) NORTH: Assist Citizen - 11:09pm. Officers made phone contact with an individual who had third party claims that a perjury was committed in a civil court proceeding in 2014 in Dane County. The caller refused to give identifying information to the officer and some of his statements regarding his allegations could not be verified. Investigation continuing.