From 5:30 a.m. on 02/07/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/08/2018, MPD received 452 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
1) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:10 a.m. Officers responded to the 3000 block of Worthington Ave where a juvenile (13 year old AAM) was causing a disturbance at home. The juvenile was breaking things and trying to fight his family members. Officers located the juvenile as he was heading to school. The family is concerned about the juvenile's behavior and believes he may be involved in illegal acts (stealing a vehicle). Investigation continuing.
2) MIDTOWN: Non-Residential Burglary – 8:03 a.m. Officers responded to a construction site on Genomic Dr where copper wire was stolen. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Child Abuse – 1:20 p.m. Officers responded to Dwight Dr for a child abuse report. The victim (12 year old WM) arrived at school with injuries and reported that his mother's boyfriend/suspect (31 year old HM) caused his injuries. The suspect was contacted and ultimately arrested for physical abuse of a child. Child Protective Services was plugged in. Two other children were interviewed at their home and left in the care of their mother. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:39 p.m. Officers responded to a convenience store on N. Third St regarding a subject causing a disturbance and breaking things. The subject was not on scene when officers arrived. Around this same time, officers were attempting to make contact with a 27 year old WM regarding a theft case. This subject ran from police and refused to let officer's into his home to talk with his girlfriend. A disturbance could be heard in the home so a decision was made to make entry into the residence. The WM subject matched the description from the convenience store incident. The WM subject/suspect was arrested on charges of criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, burglary (for the previous theft case), domestic disorderly conduct, domestic false imprisonment and resisting.
5) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 2:58 p.m. Officers responded to a central location residence to check the welfare of a subject (83 year old WM). The subject was found deceased. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
6) MIDTOWN: Mental Health Conveyance – 3:25 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to transport a subject (61 year old WM) to Winnebago on an emergency detention order. Two MPD officers conveyed the subject to Winnebago, arriving at approximately 6:41 p.m.
7) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 4:09 p.m. An MPD officer observed a wanted individual near Gammon/Watts. Officers attempted to contact the suspect (17 year old AAM) and he fled on foot. The suspect was apprehended and arrested for his probation violation. A gun was located on the suspect so he was also charged with felon in possession of a weapon and resisting.
8) EAST: Death Investigation – 6:48 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence regarding a deceased subject (33 year old AAM). The decedent appears to have died due to a self-inflicted gunshot. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Weapons Offense – 7:08 p.m. Officers responded to a report of someone shooting a small caliber handgun or BB gun toward Worthington Park. Contact was made with a family on Webb Ave. It was discovered that an 11 year old child had been using a BB gun. The child and his family were advised of ordinances forbidding the discharge of BB guns in the city. No further action by the police was found necessary.
10) CENTRAL: Intoxicated Driver – 7:10 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of E. Johnson St for a report of a vehicle all over the road. The driver/suspect (66 year old WM) was contacted and ultimately arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense).
11) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 9:19 p.m. Officers responded to the 5400 block of Raymond Rd where the caller reported seeing two vehicles exchange 6-8 gunshots as they travelled toward Whitney Way. No description of the vehicles or occupants was provided. No evidence of shots fired located. Additional canvassing of the area may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
12) CENTRAL: Non-Residential Burglary – 11:21 p.m. Officers responded to a break-in at a restaurant on Williamson St. An officer was close-by and observed the suspect who fled on foot. The suspect (44 year old AAM) was apprehended and charged with burglary, resisting, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail jumping.
13) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 1:15 a.m. Officers responded to Hoard St after a caller (23 year old AAF) called police. The line was open and dispatchers could hear the female telling someone in the background not to touch her and making a comment referring to someone having a gun. Officers arrived on scene and only the female caller was present. The caller stated she overreacted to an argument with a friend, that no weapon was present and she refused to identify the other person that was in the home with her. Investigation continuing.