From 5:30 a.m. on 02/19/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/20/2018, MPD received 345 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
1) NORTH: Assist Dane County Sheriff's Office – 8:05 a.m. Officers were requested to respond to the 2900 block of Hoard Street after the Dane County Sheriff's Office (DCSO) was on location serving eviction paperwork. DCSO requested emergency back-up and MPD officers responded and assisted with de-escalating the situation.
2) CENTRAL: Check Person/Assist MFD – 8:07 a.m. Officers responded to E. Mifflin St for an unconscious subject (51 year old WF). The subject had gone into cardiac arrest while walking. She was transported to a local hospital by MFD in stable condition.
3) WEST: Attempt to Locate Person – 8:12 a.m. Officers responded to the 5000 block of University Ave in an attempt to make contact with a wanted subject (24 year old WF) out of Illinois. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 11:06 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence regarding a deceased subject (89 year old WF). Medical Examiner's office notified. Nothing suspicious on scene.
5) MIDTOWN: Disturbance – 12:12 p.m. MPD Educational Resource Officer (ERO) requested back-up to assist with a large disturbance in the cafeteria of Madison Memorial High School. Multiple officers responded to de-escalate the situation. Investigation continuing.
6) MIDTOWN: Disturbance – 12:27 p.m. MPD Educational Resource Officer's (ERO) radio alarm was activated during a large disturbance at West High School. Additional officers responded to assist with the situation. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Disturbance – 12:38 p.m. MPD Educational Resource Officer (ERO) requested multiple officers respond to East High School regarding a disturbance and an attempt to apprehend a couple of subjects. A juvenile (15 year old AAF) arrived at school (she was suspended) with two other subjects (20 year old AAF and 15 year old AAF) and started a disturbance. The 20 year old AAF was arrested and conveyed to the jail for trespassing and disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing with respect to the juveniles.
8) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 2:21 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop at Sherman Ave/Michigan Ave regarding a wanted subject (31 year old AAM). The suspect was located and arrested on several outstanding warrants. The suspect was also charged with multiple drug offenses as cocaine and marijuana was located on him. He was conveyed to jail.
9) MIDTOWN: Recovered Vehicle/Assist Broadhead PD – 2:37 p.m. Officers were requested by Broadhead PD to respond to Britta Parkway regarding a stolen vehicle from their jurisdiction. The vehicle was located unoccupied. The vehicle was towed at the request of Broadhead PD for further processing.
10) EAST: Disturbance – 3:38 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 2900 block of E. Washington Ave for a subject (55 year old AAM) who was intoxicated and causing a disturbance. The suspect initially refused to leave the store when officers arrived. The suspect was escorted outside where he continued to cause a disturbance. As officers were attempting to take the suspect into custody, the suspect pulled a closed folding knife threatening officers. Officers were able to approach safely and secure the suspect into handcuffs, even though the suspect continued to resist. The suspect was conveyed to jail on charges of disorderly conduct, trespassing, resisting arrest, carrying a concealed weapon, threats to law enforcement and a parole hold.
11) CENTRAL: Check Person – 4:25 p.m. Officers responded to N. Franklin St to check the welfare of a subject (18 year old WF) with mental health concerns. The subject was conveyed to her therapist and left in their care. Officers were called again to assist the subject with going to the hospital for an evaluation/treatment. Officers assisted with the transport of the subject to a local hospital and was left in the care of medical staff.
12) NORTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 8:03 p.m. Officers responded to assist EMS at the intersection of Packers Ave/Manley St regarding a subject (30 year old WM) who was requiring medical assistance but was being uncooperative. Officers assisted with ensuring the safe transport of the subject to the hospital. EMS administered Naloxone to the subject. The subject was left in the care of medical staff. No further action by the police was found necessary.
13) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 8:15 p.m. Officers responded to N. Park St to take a report of a sexual assault from a victim (19 year old WF). The victim reported meeting the suspect (WM) on-line and meeting up with him. The victim reported that the suspect sexually assaulted her. The victim was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 8:52 p.m. Officers responded to Meadowlark Drive for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (31 year old WF victim and 35 year old AAM suspect). The suspect was no longer on scene when officers arrived. Probable cause was developed for the arrest of the suspect for domestic disorderly conduct once he is located. Investigation continuing.
15) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 9:47 p.m. Officers responded to Village Green Lane for a disturbance between two subjects (36 year old WM victim and 35 year old WF victim). The victim reported that his girlfriend/suspect was intoxicated, upset at him and threw a beer can in his face. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
16) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 10:05 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance in the 100 block of State Street. The victim (47 year old AAM) requested that a group of individuals quiet down. The suspect (45 year old AAM) took offense to this and pulled a knife, pointing it at the suspect. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
17) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 10:48 p.m. Officers responded to a motor vehicle vs. pedestrian crash on N. Fairchild Street. The driver (30 year old WM) was exiting a parking structure when he felt that he drove over something. The driver stopped and discovered that he had run over a subject. Lifesaving measures were unsuccessful. Medical Examiner's office responded. The decedent (53 year old WM) was pronounced at the scene. The driver was released from the scene. Autopsy scheduled for the decedent. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
18) MIDTOWN: Mental Health Conveyance – 10:55 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for an emergency detention to Winnebago regarding a 33 year old WM subject. The subject was causing a disturbance while at the hospital (banging his head, biting a security officer, spitting on the security officer, etc.). Due to the subject's behaviors and the weather, a transport to Winnebago was put on hold pending the securing of an ambulance for the transport. Investigation continuing.
19) EAST: Adult Arrested Person –12:24 a.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Blossom Lane for a disturbance between two males (52 year old WM victim and 57 year old WM suspect). The suspect was intoxicated and started a disturbance with the victim. The suspect made threatening comments to the victim. The suspect was taken into custody (he resisted) and conveyed to jail for domestic disorderly conduct and resisting.