From 5:30 a.m. on 03/22/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/23/2018, MPD received 440 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority only calls North and East from 1am-2:15am due to calls for service.
**Priority only calls North, East and Central from 4:15am-5am due to calls for service.
1) NORTH: Battery – 6:21 a.m. Officers made contact with a subject, who was in jail, who mentioned she had been sexually assaulted in Madison several months ago. After conducting the initial investigation, the statements reflected behavior consistent with a battery. The subject (26-year-old WF) was somewhat uncooperative. Investigation continuing.
2) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense – 10:13 a.m. Officers responded to Walnut St for a report of several juveniles in the area, one being seen with a gun. The area was checked and no one was located. A subject (15-year-old HM) matching the description provided by the caller was later observed and contacted, along with his friend (14-year-old HM). The 14-year-old was found to be in possession of an air-soft pistol and subsequently charged with possession of the weapon. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:40 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing child (8-year-old HM). The child was located safe. No further action by the police was necessary.
4) WEST: Child Abuse – 3:38 p.m. Officers responded, along with Child Protective Services (CPS), to a local hospital regarding a child (17-month-old WM) who presented with burns to his lower extremities. Parents were at the hospital and were cooperative with CPS/Officers. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 4:04 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (45-year-old WF). The decedent had been recently hospitalized for a health issue. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 6:29 p.m. Officers met with a subject/victim (14-year-old AAF) who reported being sexually assaulted for several years by a step-brother (17-year-old AAM). The victim has not had any contact with her step-brother for more than a year. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Recovered Stolen Auto – 7:47 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive reference a located vehicle that had been reported as stolen. The vehicle was located, unoccupied. The vehicle was towed and contact was attempted with the owner. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 9:36 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a battery where a victim (36-year-old WF) reported being physically assaulted by the suspect (67-year-old AAM) on Rethke Ave. The victim and suspect used to reside together. The victim had visible injuries. On this date, the two got into a verbal argument which turned physical when the suspect hit her, pushed her and struck her with a towel rod. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and domestic disorderly conduct.
9) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance – 9:46 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of W. Washington Ave to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (45-year-old AAM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation where he was voluntarily admitted. Journey Mental Health consulted.
10) WEST: Check Person – 10:49 p.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Rd where the caller advised that someone was persistently buzzing the security door's front entrance to the building. The caller asked for the area to be checked. Officers arrived and located blood at the front door. Areas checked. Attempts were made to contact residents but no one was cooperative. Local hospitals notified. No one with injuries were located or forthcoming. Investigation continuing.
11) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 11:57 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Tokay Blvd/S. Segoe Rd due to numerous callers reporting multiple shots fired. An MPD Sergeant was in the area and did not hear or locate anything. The area was compressively checked and there was no evidence of shots fired. Additional canvassing of the area may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
12) NORTH: Sexual Assault – 12:44 a.m. While at a local hospital, an MPD Sergeant was contacted by staff who stated a victim (21-year-old AF) wished to report a sexual assault that occurred last year in another State. The victim provided identification of the suspect (25-year-old AM). Investigation continuing.
13) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 12:52 a.m. Officers responded to the Monterey Dr/Brentwood Parkway area for numerous reports of shots fired. Officers located 54 rifle-round casings on Brentwood Parkway. No damage was located. No individuals with injuries were located. Additional canvassing of the area will be conducted during daylight hours. Press release will be forthcoming. Investigation continuing.
14) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 2:50 a.m. Officers responded to Troy Drive for a domestic disturbance. The caller reported that she and her boyfriend got into fight and he cut her finger. The caller/victim (23-year-old AAF) was not cooperative. The boyfriend/suspect (25-year-old AAM) was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and bail jumping (2 counts). The suspect is not supposed to have any contact with the victim.
15) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 3:50 a.m. Officers responded to Shoreham Drive for a report of shots fired. Area checked. No evidence of shots fired were located. Additional canvassing of the area may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.