The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 02/08/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 02/09/2019, MPD received 476 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 476 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (89), East (97), Midtown (82), North (73), South (53), West (51), and Other (31). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 8:02 a.m. Officers responded to MacArthur Rd. for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (23-year-old AAF victim and 32-year-old WM suspect). The couple were engaged in a verbal argument, which then turned physical. The suspect grabbed the victim and choked her. Officers arrived and no one would answer the door (sounds could be heard from inside the residence however). Entry was made to check the welfare of the subjects. The suspect was arrested for strangulation and disorderly conduct (domestic-related charges). Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Information/Suspicious Person – 8:52 AM. On the 1800 block of Tennyson Lane, two students reported that a subject (UF) in a blue minivan offered to give them a ride to school. The students declined. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Battery – 10:37 a.m. Officers met with a victim (48-year-old WF) who reported that on Thursday night around 8pm, she was walking on N. Carroll Street when a suspect (AAM) yelled something at her and then followed her. The victim stated that the suspect caught up to her and tried to "give her a hug." The victim said she pushed the suspect away, and he then punched her twice in the face. The suspect fled on foot. The victim had visible injuries. Suspect at-large. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Information/Sexual Assault – 11:48 a.m. Officers met with a victim (24-year-old AF) who reported being sexually assaulted in 2017 by a known acquaintance/suspect (AM). Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Injured Person – 1:46 PM. Officers responded to an east side residence in reference to a child (15 month-old WF) who was injured when she fell onto some furniture. This incident appears to be accidental, and the child was transported to a nearby hospital. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Disturbance Unwanted Person – 2:13 PM. Officers responded to 4502 E. Washington Ave. (McDonald's) in reference to an intoxicated suspect (53 year-old AAM) creating a disturbance. The suspect was transported to jail for disorderly conduct and probable cause for a previous incident. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 3:47 PM. Officers were dispatched to a retail store on the west side regarding reports of an employee (29 year-old WF) making suicidal comments to a manager. She was voluntarily transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Stalking Complaint – 3:51 PM. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Gorham St. regarding a victim (21 year-old WF) reporting being stalked by a known suspect (20 year-old WM). Officers made contact with the suspect, cited him, and gave him a stalking letter. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Juvenile Arrest – 4:08 PM. Following a fight at East High School, threats were made by the suspect (15 year-old AAM) to harm a staff member. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and conveyed to JRC. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Drug Incident/Investigation – 5:37 PM. Illegal drugs were found during a routine traffic stop of two subjects (36 year-old AAM and a 35 year-old WF) at the intersection of N. Carroll St. and W. Gorham St. The female suspect was taken to jail for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, as well as two outstanding warrants. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 5:51 PM. Officers responded to an east side residence for a victim (31 year-old WF) reporting a verbal argument between herself and her boyfriend/suspect (35 year-old WM). The suspect was arrested and then conveyed to jail for domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 8:41 PM. Officers responded to Dutch Mill Rd. for a subject (46 year-old WM) who had overdosed. While EMS was treating him, another subject in the residence (51 year-old WM) collapsed due to a heroin overdose as well. Officers revived the 51 year-old male subject through use of naloxone. Both were transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
13) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 9:18 PM. A subject (54 year-old AAM) called 911, stating he had suicidal intentions. Officers responded and attempted to negotiate. The subject attempted to leave, but officers were able to safely detain him. The subject was placed into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for evaluation. The suspect was later conveyed to Detox by UW Police. Investigation continuing.
14) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:06 PM. Officers responded to a north side residence in response to a suspect (33 year-old AAF) damaging the home after a heated argument with the victim (42 year-old WM). The suspect was arrested and transported to the jail for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. Investigation continuing.
15) MIDTOWN: Stolen Auto – 12:57 AM. Officers recognized a stolen vehicle in the 4500 block of Verona Road. The driver/suspect (17 year-old AAM) attempted to flee, but was unable to get far due to the slick road conditions. Suspect was arrested and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.