From 6:00 a.m. on 02/22/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 02/23/2019, MPD received 497 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 497 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (83), East (89), Midtown (85), North (72), South (62), West (67), and Other (39). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) MIDTOWN: Assist Law Enforcement/Recovered Stolen Auto – 7:09 a.m. Officers responded to a sighting of a stolen vehicle (from Middleton) on Highland Avenue. MPD and UWPD responded and located/recovered the vehicle. The suspect (24-year-old AAM) fled on foot but was apprehended. Middleton PD has the lead on this investigation. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Check Person – 7:16 a.m. Officers responded to Webb Avenue after the caller/subject (17-year-old UF) called dispatch crying and reported that her step-father was following her for unknown reasons. Officers responded but could not locate the step-father. The step-father was contacted on Thursday due to another incident and had to be escorted away from the area. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Retail Theft – 11:44 a.m. Officers responded to Walmart on Nakoosa Trail for a report of a retail theft with a suspect (35-year-old WM) detained by staff. The suspect was cited for retail theft. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: ATL Person – 4:11 pm. Officers attempted to locate a suspect (30-year-old AAF) in the 2200 block of Independence Ln who was wanted for a parole violation. Officers were allowed into the apartment but the suspect had locked herself in a room and was unwilling to make contact with officers. A threat assessment was conducted and the decision was made to disengage for the time being. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Information/Sex Offense Misc – 4:42 pm. A foster mother reported to police that she found out her foster daughter (15-year-old AAF) had consensual sex with three high school students, two of whom were identified (15-year-old AAM and 14-year-old AAM). The incident was videotaped and posted to Snapchat. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Retail Theft – 5:48 pm. Officers responded to West Towne Mall for a suspect (20-year-old WF) who stole merchandise from Lens Crafters and Claire's. The suspect was charged with two counts of felony retail theft (one from a previous incident) and a probation violation and was taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Weapons Offense Person w/ Gun – 8:05 pm. A subject called dispatch to report that someone in a black Honda with California license plates displayed a handgun while driving at a high rate of speed. The subject reported that one of the occupants of the vehicle may be associated with a residence on Milwaukee St. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle in the area. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Information/Burglary Residential – 11:15 pm. A victim (33-year-old AAM) reported a firearm stolen from his residence on S Ingersoll St. Officers did not find conclusive evidence at this time to substantiate a burglary. There were some additional discrepancies that needed to be considered as well. The victim did not have proof of ownership or proof of purchase of the firearm. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Check Person – 1:49 am. A citizen advised officers there was a subject (29-year-old AF) passed out in a stall at 100 State St. Officers found the subject barely breathing and highly intoxicated. EMS responded and conveyed the subject to the hospital.
10) NORTH: Residential Burglary – 3:37 am. Officers responded to Ridgeway Ave where a suspect (26-year-old AAM) entered a residence where a family was sleeping. The homeowner/victim (30-year-old AAM) confronted the suspect and forced the suspect out of the home. The suspect yelled and threw trash cans at the victim. Officers arrested the suspect on charges of burglary, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct and conveyed him to jail. Investigation continuing.