From 5:30 a.m. on 09/06/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/07/2017, MPD received 476 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Battery – 5:55 a.m. Officers responded to Wheeler Road for a report of a battery by a suspect (19 year old AAF) towards her supervisor/victim (46 year old WF). The victim was examined by EMS and sustained no serious injuries. The suspect was not on scene when the officers were present. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 7:36 a.m. Officers responded to the 1200 block of Bultman Road for a subject (17 year old AM) who had overdosed on prescription medication in a suicide attempt. EMS responded and transported the subject to a local hospital. The subject ultimately left the hospital in the care of his family with a treatment plan. No charges were substantiated.
3) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 9:45 a.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of W. Mifflin Street reference a subject who fell or jumped off the top level of the ramp. A subject (59 year old WF) was located deceased from an apparent fall. Investigation continuing. The 300 block of W. Mifflin Street was closed to traffic for approximately 2 hours due to this incident.
4) NORTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 10:03 a.m. Officers responded to the 2100 block of N. Sherman Avenue to assist MFD with an active fire. Officers assisted with traffic for approximately one hour.
5) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health – 4:51 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of N. Thompson Drive where a subject (16 year old AAF) was causing a disturbance at a residence. Officers made contact with the subject and ultimately conveyed her to a local hospital for a medical/mental health evaluation. The subject was released to the care of her family with a safety plan.
6) OTHER: Assist Outside Agency/Arrested Person – 5:00 p.m. MPD received information that a person of interest (42 year old AAM) in a recent attempted homicide (Rethke Ave) was at a residence in Monona (5600 block of Tecumseh Avenue). MPD, Monona PD and Dane County Sheriff's Office responded to this call. The suspect was ultimately taken into custody around 2 a.m. The suspect was transported to a local hospital where he is currently under guard by MPD. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Drug Incident/Investigation – 5:10 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Ziegler and Nakoosa Trail for a traffic crash. Investigation reveals that the vehicle involved was a rental and the subject who rented the vehicle went into a store while the passenger/suspect in the vehicle (17 year old WF) took the vehicle for a drive and ended up crashing it. A strong odor of marijuana was identified by officers which led to a search of the vehicle. The search of the vehicle revealed marijuana and a scale. The suspect began to walk away as the vehicle was being searched. The suspect was ultimately arrested and charged with possession with intent to sell and two traffic citations.
8) EAST: Juvenile Arrest – 6:20 p.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of Atwood Avenue for an out of control juvenile/suspect (13 year old AAM). The suspect was initially cooperative with officers but once he learned he was being arrested for criminal damage he became resistive. The suspect was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center for resisting arrest, criminal damage and threats to law enforcement.
9) CENTRAL: Theft – 6:30 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop in the 2700 block of E. Washington Ave on a vehicle that was involved in a bicycle theft two days prior. Two suspects (two WMs, 28 and 27 years old) were ultimately arrested for the theft of the bicycle.
10) WEST: Enticement/Kidnapping – 7:25 p.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of Zor Shrine Place for a possible enticement of a victim (14 year old WF). Description of the suspect/clothing was provided (AAM, approximately 30 years old). Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Arrested Person – 9:43 p.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of S. Park Street where a suspect (male) was attempting to purchase merchandise with several different credit cards that were believed to not belong to him. The suspect was contacted and admitted that the credit cards were stolen. The suspect was cited for possession of heroin and transported to a local hospital due to health complaints. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Missing Juvenile – 11:45 p.m. Officers responded to Maple Avenue for a report of a missing juvenile (17 year old WF). No medical or mental health concerns for the juvenile. Attempt to locate aired and she was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.