From 5:30 a.m. on 11/03/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/04/2017, MPD received 467 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:14 a.m. Officers responded to Aberg Avenue reference an anonymous call about a domestic disturbance between two subjects (female victim and 21 year old AAM suspect). After further investigation, the suspect was located and arrested after it was determined he had active warrants.
2) NORTH: Juvenile Complaint – 11:27 a.m. A 15 year old WM disclosed to his counselor and high school Education Resource Officer (ERO) that voices were telling him to get a gun and kill other people. The juvenile was voluntarily transported to the hospital. The North Mental Health Officer (MHO) was plugged in and the student was transported to Rogers Memorial by two 3rd detail units.
3) EAST: Assist/Information – 12:20 p.m. Officers were requested by a federal agency to assist them in serving several subpoenas as there were concerns about the subjects not being cooperative. MPD Sergeant assisted with this request.
4) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 5:08 p.m. Officers were dispatched to 500 W. Olin Avenue reference an unwanted person (40 year old AAF). The suspect's sister called police because she wanted the suspect removed from her apartment. When officers arrived, the suspect attempted to walk away from the officers, became combative and was arrested for resisting. Once the suspect was placed inside of a squad car she bashed her head against the squad and split the skin on her head. She was taken to the hospital for stitches and transported to the Dane County Jail for a warrant and resisting arrest.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:10 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Kurt Drive reference a battery. Upon arrival, officers interviewed the victim (29 year old AAF). The victim reported that she recently broke up with her boyfriend/suspect (32 year old AAM). Today the suspect arrived at the victim's residence and forced his way in once the victim opened the door. The suspect followed the victim upstairs where he threw her against a mirror, strangled her and punched her in the face. The victim sustained a broken tooth. The relationship was not domestic. The suspect was charged with strangulation, criminal damage to property and substantial battery.
6) NORTH: Child Abuse – 5:49 p.m. Officers were summoned to a local hospital along with Child Protective Services (CPS) reference an 8 month old WM with a skull fracture. The child was admitted to the hospital for observation. Detectives are working with CPS and investigation is continuing. Medical staff advised that the child suffered a linear fracture that was a common injury and not life threatening.
7) WEST: Missing Adult – 5:49 p.m. A local hospital contacted officers reference a 46 year old AAF who was supposed to show up to the hospital for a predetermined appointment but did not appear. When the appointment was arranged, the missing subject told staff that she was going to walk in front of traffic on the interstate. An ATL was aired for the subject and she was listed as missing/endangered. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: ATL Person – 7:35 p.m. Baraboo PD was involved in a pursuit in their jurisdiction and developed probable cause for a 19 year old AAF. The pursuit occurred when Baraboo PD and ATF were attempting to locate a wanted subject (18 year old AAM 18) associated with the female suspect. Madison Police Department resources were deployed in an attempt to locate the vehicle and subjects but investigative results did not yield a location for the suspect.
9) WEST: Attempted Suicide – 11:44 p.m. Officers were called along with Madison Fire Rescue to Schroeder Road for a 26 year old male who cut his wrist in an attempt to harm himself. The person was bleeding and starting to become unresponsive. Officers stabilized the scene and fire rescue came in to treat as well as transport the male to a local hospital. The male was treated for his injuries and officers awaited a medical clearance before transporting the subject to Detox, as he had been drinking.
10) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 12:41 a.m. A 17 year old WM came into a local hospital with a laceration/stab wound to his hand that required medical attention. This male was less than cooperative and did not want police contacted by hospital staff. The limited information this injured male provided was that he was in a physical fight at a private party downtown and was injured by an unknown male. The subject would not provide a better location or suspect information. The mother of this 17 year old was contacted about her son in the ER and she was also less than cooperative. Mother also refused to sign a medical release for the treated injuries. Officers left the 17 year old with hospital staff and his mother. Injuries were not life threatening.
11) EAST: Accident w/Injuries – 2:45 a.m. Officers were called to the 3700 block of East Washington Avenue for a vehicle that flipped over, a person who was injured after partial ejection, and a building being struck. The crash involved one car with one occupant (24 years old), who was also the injured person. An independent witness indicated the crashed vehicle was inbound on East Washington Avenue near Mendota Street, crossed into the outbound lanes, hit a curb and then began flipping over. The vehicle then hit an unoccupied vehicle as well as the building of Midas Muffler. The driver was transported to UW Hospital for significant injuries. Investigation continuing for potential OMVWI.