From 6:00 a.m. on 03/01/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 03/02/2019, MPD received 521 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 521 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (83), East (111), Midtown (76), North (77), South (54), West (65), and Other (55). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) WEST: Strong Armed Robbery – 9:07 a.m. Officers responded to Prairie Road for a report a robbery. The victim (30-year-old AAF) reported that a known acquaintance/suspect (AAM) stole money from her after punching her. The suspect is at large. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Check Person – 9:48 a.m. Dispatch received a call second-hand about a subject who claimed to be driving around with a gun and making a statement of "wanted to go by firing squad." Officers checked an address for the subject (UF) but did not locate her. An officer was able to reach the subject on the phone. The subject denied having a gun and said she only made the comment because she was mad at a car dealership. Journey Mental Health consulted. No further action deemed necessary at this time by officers.
3) EAST: Death Investigation – 10:56 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (67-year-old WM). Initial indicator of death is suicide. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 11:57 am. A juvenile (13-year-old AAF) was reported missing when she did not return home from school on 2/28. There were no medical or mental health concerns. Data entries were made in the appropriate data bases.
5) MIDTOWN: Juvenile Arrest – 1:32 pm. A school resource officer at West High received information that a student (16-year-old MU) had a gun in his backpack at school. It turned out to be a bb gun. The suspect was cited for possession of a dangerous weapon other than firearm on school premises and was released to his mother. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Property Found – 3:26 pm. A contractor remodeling an east side residence found a large amount of cash in the rafters. The owner of the home is an investor who purchased the house sight unseen. The owner contacted dispatch and turned over the money to police.
7) EAST: Stolen Auto – 4:28 pm. An officer spotted a stolen vehicle at a shopping center on E Washington Ave. When the officer attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver/suspect (28-year-old WM) continued to drive slowly through the parking lot and eventually parked the vehicle and went inside a store. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail for operating a motor vehicle without consent, resisting arrest and a warrant. Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver - 8:23 pm. Officers responded to Fish Hatchery Rd at US Hwy 12 and made contact with a suspect (23-year-old HM) who was clearly intoxicated. The suspect was arrested for OMVWI 3rd offense and possession of cocaine. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 8:23 pm. A subject (26-year-old AAM) left a truck running with the keys inside in the 500 block of Northport Dr. When the subject returned, the truck was being driven away. Officers located the vehicle an hour later a short distance away. No damage and nothing stolen. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 9:35 pm. Officers responded to a residence in the 600 block of E Mifflin St for a report of a physical disturbance between a mother and daughter (48-year-old AAF and 18-year-old AAF). The daughter, who has mental health concerns, was conveyed to the hospital for minor injuries. No charges had been substantiated at the time of this writing. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Information/Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 2:05 am. Officers responded to the 100 block of S Butler St for a report of shots fired. A canvass of the area turned up no evidence. Investigation continuing.