The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 05/24/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 05/25/2019, MPD received 585 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 585 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (93), East (102), Midtown (76), North (91), South (71), West (96), and Other (56). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
**Priority calls only from 9:42am to 10:55am due to calls for service.
1) EAST: Death Investigation – 9:46 am. A subject (80-year-old WF) was found deceased in her residence. The decedent was under hospice care. Nothing suspicious on scene.
2) EAST: Information/Sexual Assault – 9:52 am. Officers responded to a high school where a victim (15-year-old UF) wished to report a known suspect (15-year-old AAM) made inappropriate sexual contact with her while at school several months ago. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 2:46 pm. A caller to dispatch reported seeing a group of 4 juveniles handling a gun. Officers responded to the area and made contact with the suspects (15-year-old AAMs). Officers found a facsimile handgun on one of the suspects. The suspects were cited for trespassing and resisting arrest. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 5:51 pm. Officers responded to Home Depot at 4550 Verona Rd where a suspect (35-year-old AAM) was acting suspicious. The suspect was found to have drugs, paraphernalia and knives on his person. The suspect was charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon and was taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 10:21 pm. The victim (22-year-old AF) reported a known suspect (WM in his twenties) who resides in her apartment building in the 100 block of W Gilman made inappropriate sexual contact with her outside her apartment. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 10:47 pm. A victim (38-year-old HF) reported a friend of her son's stole her vehicle. Her son was in possession of the vehicle when he had an acquaintance park the vehicle. When the victim's son returned to retrieve the vehicle, it was gone. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Runaway Juvenile – 11:15 pm. A mother reported her daughter (14-year-old AAF) did not return home to her residence on S Thompson Dr after school that day. There were no immediate concerns for the juvenile's wellbeing. The juvenile was entered as missing and an ATL was aired. Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: Disturbance – 12:53 am. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Beld St where a victim (44-year-old HM) reported he had intervened in a disturbance between a male and female and the male had pulled a knife on the victim. The male and female involved in the disturbance then left the scene. No injuries were reported. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 2:00 am. Several callers to dispatch reported hearing shots fired in the area of Trailsway and Calypso Rd. Officers checked the area but did not discover evidence of shots being fired. No reports of injuries or property damage at this time. Investigation continuing.
10) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 3:15 am. Dispatch received a report of shots fired in the West Towne Mall area. Officers checked the area but did not discover evidence of shots being fired. No reports of injuries or property damage at this time. Investigation continuing.