The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 10/26/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 10/27/2018, MPD received 513 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 513 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (109), East (100), Midtown (73), North (83), South (42), West (70), and Other (36). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) EAST: Death Investigation – 9:29 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence reference an unresponsive subject (60-year-old WF). Lifesaving measures were not successful. The decedent had known medical issues. Nothing suspicious identified. Medical Examiner's office responded.
2) EAST: Residential Burglary – 10:15 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residential area where a suspect (WM) was observed attempting to kick in a patio door of a residence (no entry gained). K9 search conducted. Suspect at-large. Investigation continuing.
3) MIDTOWN: Information/Disorderly Conduct – 11:25 a.m. Officers met with a victim (44-year-old WF) who reported some unwanted contact with a subject/suspect (70-year-old WM). Officers are attempting to make contact with the suspect. Charges may be forthcoming. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Fight Call – 5:37 pm. Officers were dispatched to 101 State St for a report of a fight. Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect (27-year-old AAF) for battery of the victim (21-year-old NAF). Specifically the suspect bit the victim's finger, pulled her hair, punched her forehead and kicked her. Attempts will be made to arrest the suspect. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:18 pm. Officers were dispatched to McDonald's at 2402 S Park St for a subject (59-year-old AAM) down. MFD administered Narcan. No probable cause for heroin use was developed at this time. Investigation continuing.
6) MIDTOWN: Armed Robbery - 8:17 pm. Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of N Segoe Rd for a report of an armed robbery. The victim (51-year-old AAM) planned to buy a cell phone from the suspect but upon making contact, the suspect displayed a handgun and took the victim's phone from his hand. The suspect, described as an AAM in his late 30's, around 5'9" with a slender build, fled the scene. No injuries were reported. Incident report completed on MPD's website. Investigation continuing.
7) MIDTOWN: Assist EMS - 9:51 pm. Officers were dispatched to Kendall Ave to assist paramedics with a male experiencing agonal breathing. Upon arrival officers found the subject (29 year-old AAM) to be unconscious and still experiencing agonal breathing. No drug paraphernalia or signs of illegal drug use were observed. The subject was transported to the hospital by MFD. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Stolen Auto – 12:18 am. Officers respond to a report of a vehicle stolen from Powers Ave. Data base entries were made. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Armed Robbery - 1:25 am. Officers respond to the Stop-N-Go located at 2002 Winnebago St for a report of an armed robbery. The clerk/victim (38-year-old WF) stated the suspect displayed a gun and demanded money. She was then ordered to wait in a back room while the suspect fled. The suspect was described as an AAM in his late 20's to early 30's, 5'7 to 5'8, wearing dark clothing. A K9 track was completed but officers were unable to locate the suspect. Incident report completed on MPD's website. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Accident/OMVWI - 3:46 am Officers were dispatched to a single vehicle which crashed into a tree on Prairie Rd. MFD extricated two subjects who were pinned in the vehicle and both suffered minor injuries. The driver/suspect (25-year-old WM) was arrested for OWI second offense. The passenger (23-year-old HF) was treated at the scene and was released.