The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 10/29/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 10/30/2018, MPD received 472 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 472 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (91), East (79), Midtown (64), North (80), South (51), West (68), and Other (39). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 9:29 a.m. Officers responded to Mineral Point Rd for a subject (88-year-old WM) being physically combative toward staff. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject will be conveyed to Winnebago for an emergency detention once medically cleared. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Information/Armed Robbery – 9:45 a.m. Officers responded to Anamark Dr for a report of an armed robbery. The victim (26-year-old AAF) reported being robbed by an unknown suspect. Conflicting explanations provided by the victim. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Check Person – 10:26 a.m. Officers responded to check the welfare of a possible suicidal subject (26-year-old AF). The subject was contacted, taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject admitted to taking dozens of pills. An emergency detention may be necessary/sought. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 2:59 p.m. Officers received a report of an "unreturned vehicle" from a local vehicle rental agency. The vehicle was supposed to have been returned almost two weeks ago and the agency has been unable to reach the "renter." Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Check Person – 3:47 p.m. Officers had contact with a parent and his child (13-year-old WM) due to multiple concerns for the juvenile (history of running away, mental health concerns, etc.). Officers had located the juvenile earlier in the day, after he was reported as a runaway, and returned him home. Journey Mental Health consulted and it was determined that the child would be evaluated at a local hospital. The child was conveyed to a local hospital by his parent. No further action deemed necessary by the police.
6) EAST: Stolen Auto – 3:52 p.m. Officers received a report of a stolen auto. It is not exactly known when the vehicle was stolen. It is believed that keys were left in the vehicle (unknown if vehicle was left unlocked). Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Sexual Assault – 5:01 p.m. Officers met with a victim (26-year-old WF) who reported a sexual assault by a known acquaintance/suspect (29-year-old WM). Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Disturbance – 8:53 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a disturbance between two subjects (27-year-old AAF victim and 21-year-old AAM suspect). The victim invited the suspect over to her home and an argument occurred. The suspect threw eggs at the victim's vehicle and also threw a rock at the back window of the vehicle where the victim's 7-year-old son was. The child sustained a small cut and got glass in his eye. The suspect is at-large. Probable cause developed for the arrest of the suspect. Investigation continuing.
9) MIDTOWN: Battery – 8:55 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a patient/suspect (50-year-old WF) physically assaulted a hospital staff member. The suspect was admitted to the hospital and will be arrested once medically cleared. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Armed Robbery – 11:29 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of Langdon St for a report of an armed robbery. Two suspects were observed going through a home taking items, and when confronted by the homeowner, displayed a gun and fled the area. The suspects were described as darker skin males, possibly Indian or Middle Eastern descent. K9 track conducted. No injuries reported. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 1:14 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a domestic disturbance. The suspect (46-year-old WF) was identified but was no longer on scene when officers arrived. Areas checked. Suspect at-large. Once located, the suspect will be charged with disorderly conduct. There were also concerns noted about the welfare of the suspect, so therefore she was listed as missing in the appropriate databases after an unsuccessful phone ping. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Check Person – 3:42 a.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Rd to check the welfare of a subject (27-year-old WF) who was threatening to harm herself. Contact was made with the subject and she was found to be intoxicated. The subject was placed under protective custody and conveyed to Detox.