The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 03/19/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 03/20/2019, MPD received 429 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 429 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (72), East (81), Midtown (61), North (71), South (46), West (59), and Other (39). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) WEST: Stalking Complaint – 12:27 pm. Officers made contact with a victim (27-year-old WF) who wished to report unwanted contact from an unknown male via text and Facebook messages. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Check Area – 12:38 pm. Officers responded to the area of East High School to maintain a presence during the lunch hour due to information about a possible fight. No disturbance occurred.
3) NORTH: Suspicious Person/Check Property – 12:43 pm. A resident (WF) on American Ash Dr reported seeing a subject (AAM) ring her doorbell and look in her windows. The resident confronted the subject who then fled on foot. Officers checked the area but did not locate the subject.
4) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:57 pm. The suspect (19-year-old AAM) and victim (21-year-old AAF) have a child in common. A disagreement between the two in the area of Junction Ct led to the suspect punching the victim in the face and taking the victim's vehicle without her consent. Probable cause was developed to charge the suspect with domestic battery, disorderly conduct, and operating a motor vehicle without consent. The suspect remains at large. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Traffic Crash – 1:07 pm. Two vehicles collided head-on on South Towne Rd near Moorland Rd. The drivers (65-year-old WM and 69-year-old WF) were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The cause of the crash has yet to be determined. Video footage of the crash may be available from a garbage truck that was in the area at the time the vehicles collided. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Stolen Auto – 2:22 pm. The victim (54-year-old AAF) gave her car keys to her granddaughter (15-year-old AAF) so she could retrieve an item from the vehicle. A couple hours later the victim realized her granddaughter and the vehicle were missing. The victim wished to report the vehicle stolen from her residence on N Carroll St. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Assist EMS/Fire – 9:30 pm. While officers assisted MFD at a residence in the 7000 block of Tree Ln, the patient/suspect (26-year-old AAF) spit in the face of an officer and a paramedic, causing a significant exposure. The suspect was arrested for resisting/obstructing an officer, possession of THC and discharge of bodily fluids. Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: Check Area – 10:58 pm. Officers responded to the 3000 block of Churchill Dr for a report of shots fired. Officers checked the area and made contact with a group of individuals but found no evidence of shots being fired. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:47 pm. The suspect (31-year-old AAM) and victim (25-year-old AAF) share a residence on Hoard St. During an argument, the victim left the building and the suspect ran after her and forced her back into the apartment. Neighbors saw and heard the disturbance and the suspect fled but was later apprehended by officers. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and felony bail jumping. Investigation continuing.