The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 05/29/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 05/30/2019, MPD received 566 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 566 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (119), East (106), Midtown (104), North (84), South (55), West (64), and Other (34). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) EAST: Death Investigation – 11:22 am. Staff at the Aloha Inn at 3177 E Washington Ave discovered a subject (43-year-old WM) deceased in his room. The decedent had a history of drug use. There was no evidence of foul play. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Runaway Juvenile – 2:14 pm. A mother reported her daughter (15-year-old HF) missing from their residence in the 1900 block of Lake Point Dr. There are no medical, mental health, or immediate safety concerns. The juvenile was listed as missing and an ATL was aired. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Information/Child Abuse – 2:55 pm. Officers responded to a local elementary school to assist CPS with an investigation into a child's (8-year-old AAM) injuries. A safety plan was put in place. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Assist Outside Agency/Information/Sexual Assault of a Child – 4:21 pm. Officers assisted Sun Prairie PD with an investigation into multiple incidents of sexual assault of a victim (13-year-old WF) that took place in the E Washington Ave corridor near East Towne Mall. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Runaway Juvenile – 6:11 pm. A mother reported her son (14-year-old AAM) missing from their residence on Wright St. There are no medical or mental health concerns. The juvenile was listed as missing and an ATL was aired. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Residential Burglary – 8:13 pm. The victims (62-year-old AM, 56-year-old AF and 26-year-old AM) reported their home on the far west side had been burglarized and a large amount of property damaged. There is no suspect information at this time. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 9:58 pm. Officers responded to the 500 block of Northport Dr for a subject who discovered her toddler grandson had opened a pill container and had put pills in his mouth. MFD paramedics also responded and it was believed the child had not ingested any medication. The child received medical attention and was doing fine.
8) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 10:12 pm. A victim (21-year-old AF) wished to report a possible court order violation. Officers determined there was no injunction against the suspect (26-year-old AAM) but there were bail jumping charges. The victim also disclosed a previous incident of domestic battery by the same suspect that occurred in another jurisdiction and officers developed probable cause for domestic strangulation, battery, disorderly conduct, intimidation of a witness and false imprisonment. The suspect remains at large. Investigation continuing.
9) MIDTOWN: Disturbance – 10:31 pm. The suspect (22-year-old AAM) and victim (27-year-old AAM) engaged in an argument outside the victim's residence on Britta Dr. The suspect was charged with disorderly conduct and bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:07 pm. A victim (40-year-old HF) in the 2200 block of Carling Dr reported the suspect (33-year-old HM) yelled at her, called her names, and grabbed her, causing her pain. The suspect also damaged property in the residence. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Trespass/OMVWI – 4:13 am. Security staff at an apartment complex on E Badger Rd reported a suspect (58-year-old WF) trespassing on the property. MPD officers located the suspect driving erratically and conducted a traffic stop. The suspect was arrested for trespassing and OWI 5th offense. Investigation continuing.