The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 09/25/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 09/26/2019, MPD received 523 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 523 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (113), East (90), Midtown (69), North (77), South (64), West (63), and Other (47). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) EAST: Suspicious Vehicle/Adult Arrested Person – 7:16 a.m. Officers responded to Artisan Drive for a suspicious vehicle/occupant. Officers arrived and made contact with a subject/suspect (31-year-old AAM) who was sleeping in the vehicle. The suspect was not cooperative with officers. K9 responded and alerted on the vehicle. A search of the vehicle resulted in marijuana, cocaine, heroin and money being located. The suspect was arrested and conveyed to jail. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 9:37 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (70-year-old WF). The decedent had multiple health issues. Medical Examiner's Office responded. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Information – 10:34 a.m. Officers met with a victim (13-year-old HF) who reported a known suspect (34-year-old UM) exposed himself to her. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 10:49 a.m. Officers took a suspect (49-year-old WM), who was wanted for recent burglaries, into custody on N. Hancock Street. The suspect was conveyed to jail and charged with burglary (3 counts of party to a crime) and unauthorized use of personal identifying information. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Information/Sexual Assault – 2:09 p.m. Officers responded to a report of inappropriate sexual contact of a victim (UF). As there are opportunities to corroborate/substantiate claims and pursue video, the investigation has just begun.
6) NORTH: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 2:23 p.m. Officers received a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (16-year-old AAF). No safety concerns identified. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile has been listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Intoxicated Driver/Adult Arrested Person – 4:00 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of S. Livingston St for a subject/suspect (41-year-old WM) slumped over in a vehicle. The suspect was contacted and found to be impaired. The suspect did not pass field sobriety tests. The suspect was arrested, conveyed to jail for a search warrant/blood draw and subsequently conveyed to jail on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (5th offense), possession of drug paraphernalia and a few traffic citations.
8) EAST: Death Investigation – 7:38 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (94-year-old WM). Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's Office responded. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 8:36 p.m. Officers received a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (14-year-old WM). No safety concerns identified. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile has been listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Information/Weapons Offense – 9:36 p.m. Officers responded to the 4200 block of Owl Creek Drive for a report of shots fired. Contact was made with three subjects (39-year-old WF, 17-year-old AAF and 19-year-old AAM). Investigation revealed that the 19-year-old subject was driving in the area one hour prior when a brief road rage incident occurred with another vehicle. Back at the residence, the 17-year-old subject heard voices outside and went to see what was happening. The 17-year-old subject reported encountering two AAM suspects who asked her where her brother (the 19-year-old subject) was. One of the suspects pulled a gun and fired one shot into the air. A vehicle matching the suspect description was stopped and a consent search was conducted where a firearm was located. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 1:12 a.m. Officers responded to Kinsman Blvd for a disturbance, involving a knife, between two subjects (27-year-old WM victim and 29-year-old AAF suspect). The subjects are dating and in the process of breaking up. The suspect showed up at the victim's workplace with a knife. The victim subsequently located his vehicle damaged (keyed). The suspect was located and issued a misdemeanor citation for criminal damage to property.
12) WEST: Mental Health Conveyance – 2:06 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a subject (7-year-old AAM) in need of an emergency detention. MPD Mental Health Unit and Journey Mental Health plugged in to assist the family. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Check Property/Residential Burglary – 2:10 a.m. Officers responded to a central district residence after the homeowners (who were out of town) observed a suspect on surveillance cameras attempting to break into their home. Officers located and stopped a subject/suspect (29-year-old WM) in the area. The suspect was not cooperative with officers. The suspect was taken into custody, where he continued to fight with officers. The suspect was conveyed to jail and charged with resisting and a parole violation/hold.
14) CENTRAL: Disturbance/Adult Arrested Person – 2:38 a.m. Officers responded to the BP gas station in the 700 block of E. Washington Ave for a suspect (24-year-old AAM) causing a disturbance and refusing to leave. The suspect was contacted/arrested, conveyed to jail and charged with disorderly conduct.