From 5:30 a.m. on 01/20/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/21/2018, MPD received 331 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 4:39 a.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of N Thompson Dr regarding a domestic disturbance with a female yelling to call the police. The suspect (32 year old AAM) and victim (31 year old AAF) have two children in common. The suspect and victim had an argument which led to the suspect breaking out the windows of the victim's vehicle with a crow bar. The suspect was arrested and taken to jail on a probation hold and domestic charges.
2) CENTRAL: Residential Burglary – 9:59 a.m. Officers were dispatched to a residential burglary on N Park St. Sometime between 2:30 - 9:30 am, an unknown suspect(s) entered an unlocked 1st floor back patio door. Stolen from the living room included laptop computers and an electronic gaming device.
3) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:32 a.m. Department of Corrections (DOC) requested MPD attempt to apprehend a subject (38 year old AAM) located in the 5700 block of Russett Rd. The subject had violated his electronic monitoring and was wanted. The suspect was arrested and transported to jail without incident.
4) EAST: Adult Arrested Persons – 1:46 p.m. Officers responded to Hy-Vee grocery store (3801 E Washington Ave) for the report of a retail theft. Hy-Vee reported that three male suspects, who stole 20 cans of baby formula, had fled on foot. Officers located two of the males (a 52 year old AAM and a 47 year old AAM). The third suspect has not been located at this time. Both subjects were transported to jail. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Child Abuse – 2:47 p.m. MPD officers responded to Goodwill (2127 East Springs Dr) for what sounded like the whistling sound of a hanger whipping through the air and making contact with a child in a dressing room of the store. The caller also overheard the mother (33 year old WF) yell at the children with expletives. Further investigation led to deputies for Rock County responding to the suspect's residence and did not see any marks on the child. The child is described as a 3 year old AAF. CPS was notified and investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Juvenile Arrest – 5:16 p.m. MPD officers responded to the 1800 block of Whitney Way, reference a grandmother's request for officer assistance in getting her 12 year old grandson to return to the house. When officers attempted to make contact with the juvenile, he created a disturbance, uttered threats and resisted arrest. The juvenile was ultimately conveyed to JRC on for charges of battery to a police officer and threats to injure
7) NORTH: Battery – 5:18 p.m. MPD officers responded to the 700 block of Troy Dr for a report of a 43 year old WM who physically attacked the complainant, but had since left the apartment on foot with a backpack allegedly containing drugs. Officers spoke with the victim (26 year old AAF) and learned that the suspect had used heroin earlier in the afternoon and after taking the drug, began making sexual advances. The victim refused the suspect's overtures and was then punched in the face. The suspect and victim are long time acquaintances but do not have a domestic relationship. The suspect is at large but there is probable cause for charges of battery, disorderly conduct, and 4th degree sexual assault.
8) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:21 p.m. A Crisis worker called MPD to notify police of a court-ordered pick-up return for a client that was issued on a 32 year old WM subject after he failed to return to his court-ordered group home. Officers responded to the subject's address and conveyed him to a local hospital per the order.
9) SOUTH: Drug Incident-Overdose – 5:39 p.m. MPD officers responded to La Salle St for a report of the caller's sister unconscious and not breathing. Officers and EMS responded and found a 52 year old WF subject in need of naloxone which was administered by EMS. The subject is on probation for a heroin-related offense and admitted to using heroin. Following a medical clearance, officers conveyed the suspect to jail on charges of possession of heroin and a probation hold.
10) EAST: Missing Adult/Death Investigation – 6:39 p.m. Officers were originally called for a check welfare incident at a residence on the East side. An 18 year old WM reportedly left his residence in a vehicle at 3:20 pm and family was concerned about his mental health and personal safety. Given the compelling circumstances surrounding this incident, many resources were deployed, including K-9 and unmanned aircraft systems. By approximately 4:15 am, the subject was located deceased by the officers. The Medical Examiner's office was notified and investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 7:03 p.m. MPD officers responded to a report of individuals in the basement of the building located on W Mifflin St. The male suspect (31 year old WM) was a one-day employee of the contracting company doing work on the building and acquired a key to gain access to the property beyond that one day. When officers contacted the suspect, it was learned he had a fully extraditable warrant out of Mississippi and was taken to jail on that warrant as well as a new charge of entering into a locked dwelling.
12) NORTH: Weapons Offense-Shots Fired – 8:21 p.m. MPD officers responded to the area of Dapin Rd for reports of shots fired. Officers did not locate any casings or bullet strike damage. Officers spoke with one area resident in their canvass of the Kennedy/School/Dapin/Morrow area who said that he heard whistling sounds after the shot sounds, consistent with fireworks.
13) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 9:50 p.m. Officers were called for a disturbance where two men were fighting in the 800 block of E Washington Ave. Responding officers located two males who were both intoxicated and a witness pointed them out as the subjects who were fighting. The investigation determined this was a domestic relationship and a 25 year old WM was arrested for disorderly conduct. The 29 year old WM (victim) refused to cooperate with the officers.
14) CENTRAL: Robbery-Armed – 1:34 a.m. Officers were called to the area of E Washington and N Blount Street for an armed robbery. A 24 year old WM was approached in the 100 block of N Blount Street by a male with a black handgun. A second male then took his wallet. The suspect with the gun was described as an AAM, mid 20's, wearing a gray hoodie and blue jeans. The two suspects were last seen running north on Blount St toward Mifflin St. Investigation continuing.
15) CENTRAL: Injured Person – 3:24 a.m. Officers were called to the 400 block of N Lake St for a person who was injured and bleeding from the head. Investigation showed an intoxicated 23 year old WM was creating a disturbance by trying to punch a moving car. This person then decided to jump over a railing in the parking ramp and fell about 15-20 ft to the ground, injuring his face/head. This incident was witnessed by a security guard downtown and also was reviewed on video. The injured person was taken to a local hospital and he is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.